The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

standalone ecu?

bazeng

Most ECU's should be able to do that these days (good ones anyway).

You just need to setup an e85 sensor which outputs to the ecu the content of e85 to which the ecu would reference the value of the sensor and trim the fuel/ign map to suit.

I run this type of compensation with air temps on my vr4 as I get about -60 degrees C at the start of a run and 0 degrees C at the end. I gain about 50hp with the cooler temps and the tune is simply adjust via air temp compensation tables on the Autronic.

So in the fuel flex case, you could create a map to which fuel is adjusted via the ethanol reading. Ignition can also be adjust to suit.

This should be doable on the VIPEC and the MOTEC (M400 / M800 / M84 series only, not the early M4/M8/M48) as they are both highly flexible systems.

The VIPEC is actually based on the LINK ECU (nz made).

But in the end, the computer is only as good as the tuner so make sure you choose something that your tuner is comfortable with.

my drivers license has been suspended, that's where ive been. i havent been behind the wheel of a car in a few years. as far as tuning goes i have Sean Ivey of iveytune.com to get the job done. just curious who tuned your car alan?

alansupra94

I tune my own cars. I am slowly learning how to rebuild transmissions as well. I want to be able to know everything about cars so I don't have to rely on other people to get things done. Its not that I don't trust other people but I like doing my own work. I am very picky I guess you can say.

I mean I just read books and papers to I start understanding how things work which makes life easier. Right now I am in the middle of boost compensation tuning my VR4 with AEM EMS. Supra probably will get tuned on E85 sometime in December on an ECU (haven't decided on a platform yet).

Last edited:

oic, good luck fully understanding how to build and tune. i hope everything goes very well for ya!

Quoting VR-4 Whore:
i was joking harry thats what the lol was for. thanks for the input

Also, you realize I am not Harry, right? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif Or are you just trying to be funny?

Harry is username "number3". I bought his car like three years ago.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned