The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

standalone ecu?

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Ok then donald trump go with the high dollar stuff even though you really don't need it.

DR1665

Quoting turbowop:
Quote:
i didnt take offense harry

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowrofl.gif

emot-2890645104.gif

Quoting 3of1000:

Ok then donald trump go with the high dollar stuff even though you really don't need it.

lol ur kinda mean.. i decided to go with pro efi. now i have to choose a turbo that will do satisfy my needs. the BorgWarner EFR 8374 Turbo will be just what i NEED.

Last edited by a moderator:

alansupra94

I WIN! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Vipec is a nice system, just not my cup of tea feature wise.

3rdstrikedsm

Pro efi was nice in my supra I had no complaints which would have been my second choice so for sure one of the top systems out there.

alansupra94

I heard Vipecs come with tuna sandwiches? True or untrue?

I mean I guess I should say that I like Pro-EFI because of the flex fuel sensor. That is to me the coolest and most necessary feature for me.

You MAY be able to program that but I am NOT 100% sure into other standalones.

Last edited:

i did some reading on supra forums that aided in my decision. i should have the system in my hands next week, they are making the harness. im gonna bring the car to iveytune for a good set up.

3rdstrikedsm

Yea you can program that to run in vi-pec as well pretty easily the vi-pec really shines in the launch control and gear dependent boost levels if you are at a point where traction is super important.

Quoting VR-4 Whore:
Quoting 3of1000:

lol ur kinda mean.. i decided to go with pro efi. now i have to choose a turbo that will do satisfy my needs. the BorgWarner EFR 8374 Turbo will be just what i NEED.

In my first post I said I was not trying to offend you, I only asked what are your goals for the car that you need such an advanced ems. I was in the same boat you were about a year or two ago. I was ready to pull the trigger on a aem ems. Then I canceled that idea and was ready to pull the trigger on a pro efi, then I canceled that idea. In the end I went with ecmtuning v3 lite with speed density and it has worked out great so far. I saved thousands of dollars.

I was just trying to help by giving you some advice based on what I have experienced. Good luck with whatever you decide.

TylerAdamson

Quoting VR-4 Whore:
i was joking harry thats what the lol was for. thanks for the input

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

alansupra94

Quoting VR-4 Whore:
alan, why is flex fuel so important(in NJ)?

I don't understand your question. I run both E85 and pump gas. Its nice that it can change/switch maps based on the ethanol content.

Damn GW 900awhp and a 9.1@160mph(traction issues huh)damn I'm done modding my galant then, no hopes for 10's need 1 million awhp lol....Just kidding do you have videos of the runs?

Quoting Garfield Wright:
We run DTA F.A.S.T in our Evo 8 race car. When we strapped it to the dyno, on the 3rd or 4th pull we were over 800 awhp. We stopped @ 999 because we ran out of fuel on e98 & 4 2100cc injectors. We ran the car @ 900awhp to a best of 9.1? @ 160. The car could have gone high 8's on that pass but one of the bov was starting to come apart & the car lost 10 psi up top causing the power to drop off. AEM still has that slow cranking start. I think they fixed the loosing maps issues they were having because we haven't seen it happening with customers cars anymore. As long as you choose a stand-a-lone with the options you want @ the price you want to pay, you'll be alright. We have traction control, boost by speed, launch control & don't require an additional/piggyback ignition system.

When the car comes back out this year, it will have 8ea 2100cc injectors, dry sump, beefed up rearend, a Shep PPG dog box & a few hundred more horsepower. Even though it was initially setup for Nitrous, we haven't ran it with spray yet. It's a straight 2.0L.

I am not a tuner by any means but lets say I have been around quite a few very fast cars each with different stand alone ems's what ever. The most important thing is to get a system that whomever the tuner is will be familiar and that meets all your needs and budget for the car. As quite a few people said hands down motec maybe one of the best systems out there but quite pricey.If you are a baller though forget all that crap and get this it will do everything you need and then some.Good luck with whatever choice you make.

click

Last edited by a moderator:

where do you get e85 and why not run straight up e85? i was unaware that it is available in nj.Quoting alansupra94:
Quoting VR-4 Whore:
alan, why is flex fuel so important(in NJ)?

I don't understand your question. I run both E85 and pump gas. Its nice that it can change/switch maps based on the ethanol content.

alansupra94

LOL where have you been. There are several fueling stations in NJ. They have one in East Orange and another in Newark near the airport.

I do run straight E85 but sometimes I need to run regular gas. It makes life easier that I don't have to drain the fuel tank or anything. I can just pour it in and the sensor will tell the ECU the content and it will change the map accordingly.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned