The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Speedometer.. who's gone faster than it will indicate?

gmp

Quoting turbowop:
I've had my car up to a million. No biggie.

hahaha best post so far on this thread!!!!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif

JB

120 or so in the gvr4 on my way to do the tc recall. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

135-140 or so in the ms3. (good for 155-160)

Scientist

Anyone of you guys broke a speedo cable?
the AE92 Levin does it when the speedo comes back to 0. Its supposed to stop @180km/h

Mark

Im to scared to do a top speed run.. Fastest ive had is 134.95 and 136 both in 1/4 mile. Only place I'll do top speed runs.. Least if I am gonna kill somebody will be myself and hopefully not somebody else.

Last edited:

Spott

Back when mine was in good shape and I still had it I got er up to about 130, she had more but I wasnt on the best road.

TakumiJr

55mph /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

JNR

Don't remember ever getting it much over 100 mph...not that it wouldn't, but car doesn't "feel" right over 75-80...Now the GTO, shhh /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif (actually, only 120 in that and she likes cruisin over 100, but not worth it).

Rausch

I did 77 mph on the bike today. Wicked fassssst. Totally passed a pickup truck. I smoked him. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

mitsuturbo

i totally passed an accord today on my way home. i must have been going nearly 80 in my 92 metro

i think that speed really hurts my fuel economy though.. i probably only got 41mpg on the way home, instead of 45mpg /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Quoting mitsuturbo:

i totally passed an accord today on my way home. i must have been going nearly 80 in my 92 metro

I've run the speedo WAY past the 90mph mark on my 99 Metro LSi. The needle was buried down to where all the warning lights are at, maybe 105ish. I also got to take a VW mk4 GTI up to 140 as well.

Unfortunatley, I've never been able to get my ggsx past 35, as it still isn't legal yet.

Last edited by a moderator:

EMX5636

My Eclipse GSX saw 161 according to my HKS turbo timer. 168 on my 7R. Galant has probably only seen just over 120 so far... Fiero is too short wheelbase to like over 130, plus the speedo stops at 120, so I have no idea what I was doing.

All off highway of course...

chrisb33

fastest ive gone is 120mph although my speedo's max is at 149mph. i know i can push it to 149mph but im afraid i might blow up my engine. thats why im rebuilding it! ha!

chris b

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned