The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Soon to come... Tubular control arms & K members and more!

Quote:
I'll take a set of the adjustable lowers as well. Keep us informed as to when they'll be available in bulk.

Bulk? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bawling.gif Im only one person /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Quote:
Quote:
I would like the actual weights of all the galant stuff in mild and cromoly.

Ill weigh everything this weekend and have all the weights posted monday or tuesday. I have recvd many many pm's about weight, finish etc. For those interested I will not be powder coating them due to cost and me not having anything to p/c with. They will be bead blasted and single sage epoxy coating. P/C can be very expensive(especially in PA) and Im trying to keep cost down for both myslef and customers as well. There is on set on a 2g for a while now and they still look great. I may be getting togehter with someone else to help promote them and possibly sell.

There is a place in Allentown called King coatings, and are very reasonable. Especially if you just want basic colors like black or white etc. my buddy owns a machine shoppe and they use them alot. Keep up the good work, can't wait to see the finished product /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I would like the actual weights of all the galant stuff in mild and cromoly.

Ill weigh everything this weekend and have all the weights posted monday or tuesday. I have recvd many many pm's about weight, finish etc. For those interested I will not be powder coating them due to cost and me not having anything to p/c with. They will be bead blasted and single sage epoxy coating. P/C can be very expensive(especially in PA) and Im trying to keep cost down for both myslef and customers as well. There is on set on a 2g for a while now and they still look great. I may be getting togehter with someone else to help promote them and possibly sell.

Good deal.
thumbs.gif

I'm in on these if I can get pics.. a few hundred $$ for 200+/- lbs of weight reduction is a great deal!!

KT

^ I've had all that stuff off my car recently and I don't think it weighed 200 lbs. stock, so I don't think you'll save as much as you're planning on.

number3

I moved this because the items are not for sale yet and this is becoming more of a discussion.

Not a problem, Im never said the components save 200 lbs, but in reality its about 30/35 lbs with complete front. The whole idea is a lighter component with ADJUSTABILITY!! Thats the main goal here /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif And reasonably priced I think!

4Grim

I would love to see pics of these pieces! Very interested.

CP

Less unsprung weight with these will counteract heavy-ass 17" wheels...I hope.

^^^^Absolutey, that is realitic thinking, PLUS you wont be burning off those oh so expensive tires in 3k miles!

CP

So here's my newbie question: what will the lower adjustable arms in front allow you to adjust, camber or caster (I still don't have a good idea of what this is and am too lazy to look it up)?

I'm just looking for the weight savings, since my camber plates are already set to -2.6* /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

JB

Why not get some lighter rims Cy?

CP

$$$ going to other things this spring. I'm going to keep the Weds b/c I like the way they look. Next winter I'm going to look for something lightweight on which to mount r-compound track tires as a second set...and look into trailer options for towing them.

Quote:
Not a problem, Im never said the components save 200 lbs, but in reality its about 30/35 lbs with complete front. The whole idea is a lighter component with ADJUSTABILITY!! Thats the main goal here /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif And reasonably priced I think!

That is about what i would expect.
Around 5lbs per control arm and 25 for the K member.
The 5lbs per control arm is pretty significant being as that is sprung weight being takin off the suspension.
Look foward to the end result.

Quote:
So here's my newbie question: what will the lower adjustable arms in front allow you to adjust, camber or caster (I still don't have a good idea of what this is and am too lazy to look it up)?

I'm just looking for the weight savings, since my camber plates are already set to -2.6* /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

The front lowers by themselves w/o k member lets you adjust camber....tons..... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Now what Ive done with the k member and arms that go with them is eliminate the need for a bushing. the new arms have rod ends on each end and give you a limited amount of room for caster adjustment. The only problem is the arm has to unbolted and the rod end turned for adjustment. I couldnt do an adjustable sleeve on them ya know? I dont think it would be too safe. The k member can also give you about a half inch +/- caster, the holes are slotted. I didnt put much thought or R&D into getting more caster adjustment as I dont really feel a need for these cars.

kartorium

well at least you made it adjustable at all. Thats good enough probably, if need be the buyer can probably modify it more to get some extra caster eh? increasing the caster on the galants actually is a big improvement, and will in the end create more dynamic camber.

Gvr4-330

A few questions:

So the control arms work without the K-members right?

If I don't need to get bushings, do these come with bushings, or do they have spherical endlinks?

The Whiteline Caster bushings allow +/- 1 degree of caster adjustment. Does this have a similar range?

Are the tubular control arms stronger than stock, even if I don't get the chromoly ones?

I was just about to buy a set of used control arms and new poly bushings, but these seem like they might be a better thing.

Rob

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned