The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

some simple questions

When using a GM maf as a blow through setup, how far away from the throttle body should you mount it?

On the back of the t-stat housing is the "emergency" fan switch that turns the fans on in the event of overheating. The wire needs to be grounded to activate the fans right?

When installing the WBo2, the generally accepted location seems to be after the flex section in the down pipe. Yes? No?

Can anyone tell me the wire colors for the oil pressure dummy light switch and for the P/S pressure switch. I need to fix both and don't want to mess them up.

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

SouthCaliVR4

on the wires brown to oil press & yellow with a black sleeve to ps. Not sure on the t-stat housing switch. Don't think the distance from the ttl makes any difference to the maf.

1990ggsxnj

I believe you're correct on the wire needing to be grounded for the fan switch.
Generally the accepted locaton is before the flex section but after the stock location. I think this is a "what better suits me" question. Do you want more accurate readings [closer to the manifold] or do you want the sensor to last longer [further from the manifold]? Just make sure it is before the bend so that moisture does not accumulate on the sensor and ruin it and always install it with the tip angling up.

CSMShaun

Are you running the GM MAF with ECMLink? The ECMLink wiki suggests 8" from the throttle body plate. But that would not necessarily matter if you are not running Link, or even if you are.

I have been told by tuning "pros" that the wideband needs to be a variety of distances away from the turbo. Some say 12", others says 18" or some other distance. I ran mine in the front O2 location and had no problems with sensitivity or longevity. That requires having Link, though, so the front O2 signal can be simulated. There is also a discussion about using a wideband in the front O2 location in the ECMLink wiki.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned