The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Some conformation

Steve885

I was reading another post about bad idle and just wanted to make sure my timing marks are lined up proper..I feel my marks are lined up, but both gears are one tooth high if that makes sence. check out the pics..

EHmotorsports

It also looks like you have the wrong pan bolts in the front by the oil pump. Could be an illusion but it looks like a groove is starting in the middle of the belt.

Last edited:

Steve885

Damm I had a shop do it.. I really need to do this my self..can i just release tension and turn the cams back,all these parts are new.. I wonder if the valves are ok..I've driven it a couple hundred miles

EHmotorsports

You should be ok. But the only way to tell will be after its set properly.

transparentdsm

Timing is for sure off and they for sure put the wrong bolt in the oil pan. Make the shop fix all of that. Unacceptable work for any shop to do.

Steve885

Im cutting my losses with that shop to many things wrong since I got it back.including that clutch we spoke about..

prove_it

Shops generally lose in court if you have all the right proof.

prove_it

get a new belt too. I wouldn't trust that guy.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts