The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

SOLVED: Speedometer/Dash lights are out.

citymunky

So the last week I re-wired everything in my car. The came with 2 GReddy gauges that were T-Tapped into the clock for switch 12volt lighting/illumination. Today I wiring my 3 Autometer sport-comp gauges and Innovate DB-gauge to the same switch 12 volt source for lighting. When it got dark, I turned on the headlights on and off to see if all the gauge lit up, which they did. About 30 minutes later I when to go for a drive, and none of the gauges lit up anymore, than I notice my speedometer wasn't lit either. I checked my fuses until the dash and they check out ok. I also check my interior light dimming switching, and that seems good also. I don't know what else to check? Does anybody have another lead to check?

Last edited:

You probably have a short to ground where you taped into the circuit. Check your wiring job.

toybreaker

iconoclast
Do your tailights work?

If not, replace the red ten amp fuse that's two in from the fender in the engine compartement fuse box.

citymunky

^DUDE YOUR A LIFESAVER /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif! Thanks ^

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned