The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Sneeze Valve Diving Me Crazy

Simple topic. BOV's +'s and -'s of diffent brands.

I myself am looking for a new one, atmospheric sounds cool at first, but is annoying after a while, not to mention harder to tune with.

Lonewolf64

Simple topic = Simple answer.

The stock BPV is perfect for 99% of applications. If you are running significantly higher boost than stock, I recommend investing in the Dejon tool leak stop mod or crushing your BPV. If done correctly, you will not need an aftermarket piece unless you are interested in the sound/bling.

SmoothCustomer

Yeah that should be fine. As far as I know stock is good up to 15 PSI and you aren't *too* far past that, so with that kit it should be good. If you eventually do need to go to an aftermarket BOV I recommend not venting to atmosphere, unless you are running speed density.

GSX_TC

Speed Density FTW! =D

alansupra94

I got speed density. So I vent my BOV into my butthole. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

I did get a sweet Synchronic BOV. Shits a beast. Will never leak at any PSI. Gave it to the supra. I made a hybrid Greddy BOV for the Galant.

Apparently I have some reading to do, Synchronic? Speed Density? Must do me some of that learnin' stuff, so I can builds me one a them turbo cars up.

donkeylips

Quoting alansupra94:
I got speed density. So I vent my BOV into my butthole. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

I did get a sweet Synchronic BOV. Shits a beast. Will never leak at any PSI. Gave it to the supra. I made a hybrid Greddy BOV for the Galant.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Just by curiosity, does your car still have the old school blitz bov I put on there years ago? If so I'm sorry that thing is for sure a sneeze valve. I had no idea it would be that loud and gawdy. Lol

Last edited by a moderator:

4thStroke

The TurboXS RFL is by far the worst sounding valve out there. I hate it with a passion, and I suspect they are poor performers (I have reason to believe). The ultimate ricer mod.

I have a Forge recirculating valve that I VTA, but it's quite. Under normal acceleration, you can barely hear it over my twin disc. At high boost, it gives off a little more different sound. I bought the valve when I still had a MAF on the car, now I'm on speed density so I just vent it now.

^yeah your right that is the worst, The blitz one I had one that car wasn't bad at all until I lost that filter that goes over the valve opening. That little filter made it sound pretty good and not near as loud.

To answer you question the bov that may still be on your car is the only aftermarket bov I have ever purchased. The stock 1G works very well for me, I have mine plumbed back into the intake.

Last edited by a moderator:

Thanks people. Although this thread was more helpful in learning about speed density than BOV's.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned