The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Sneak Peek....

EMX5636

Very nice looking setup. Everytime I see that FP exhaust housing, It makes me wish I would've gotten one of those instead of my o2 wastegate mounted SCM. It's gonna look sick when you're done.

P.S.- Very similar build to the one I'm hoping to get done over the next couple weeks.

Justin

Quoting 3rdstrikedsm:
Looks good, What coupler is that off the turbo? I need that same one.

That's a 2"-2.5" 90* coupler from ETS. Call me if you need one and I'll get you setup.
Thanks for the kind words guys! This project has taken so long that a couple times I thought I'd never finish it. Without you guys as motivation I probably would have given up. I pretty much missed the racing this season but I should be out there in full force next year.
Here's some more eye candy since you guys seem to like this one...

Jesse just out of curiosity did you put this nice little package together if not who did the motor work etc looks pretty good I am so jealous right now but really that setup looks like its going to make some serious power.

I spec'd and built this car by myself. Well.. aside from the machine work and transmission build. None of it would have been possible without the support of my customers though. I just hope I can make them proud with some good competitive racing in the seasons to come. I don't want to push my luck with this motor so I'm shooting for 400whp on 92 octane and 450whp on E85. Hopefully most of the power will be available from 3000-7000rpm with this setup. We'll see once we put it on the dyno.

chrisb33

wow jesse! thats a nice project youre undergoing /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif cant wait to see the finished result!

chris b

EMX5636

Just a quick inquiry... Why did you decide to use a Mitsu crank instead of the Eagle crank? I'm also running a Fluidampr. I wanna keep my bearings as long as I can. From what I've seen, 2.3L's like to eat them.

Finally some dyno #'s from this setup...

Made 464awhp, 464tq @ 25psi. This setup will make well over 500 if pushed to 30psi+. I was happy with the results so we called it a day. Numbers are uncorrected, corrected with 1.01 factor it made 469/470. I'm going to run it like this for a while before I change things.

464/2K

Nice #s /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Wow man great numbers. I bet you were surprised when it made such good numbers.. I wish I had the time and $$$ to do that to mine,, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

This was on an awd dynojet.
I'll post the graph when I get back to town.
I should make it to the track next weekend...

nice numbers jesse! Nice to know all my money was going to a good cause lol!! keep it up playa! Soon enough ill be on my way to DSG for some numberz.

381gvr4

Cool Jesse!! Good to see this post and 253 are ALIVE!! Nice #'s too.....

Thanks guys! I'm pretty happy with the car making 400ft/lbs before 4000rpm /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif I know there's a lot left and guys have made a lot more with this turbo but I'm not gonna get greedy till I at least get some passes at the track and eventually get a twin plate clutch. It's on an ACT2900/Sprung street disc right now which is good for about 510ft/lbs at the flywheel and I'm pretty sure I exceeded that yesterday. Many thanks to everybody that helped make this possible, mainly all my customers, also: ACT, FIC, ECMTuning, Whiteline and GoFastBits. I'm going to be writing a full build write-up very soon and I'll definitely post it here!

Meanwhile... you guys can critique my engine bay!

onesickcrx

Nice setup. I feel you on the clutch issue... But clutch's cost loot /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jawdrop.gif(

RedTwo

So that much dirt = 460 hp... by that logic, I must have about 800 hp /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
Dust counts as dirt right?

Hi in HP? Low in HP? Anyone? No? Dust? Anyone? No? Dust....

ghostinthevr4

Damn Jesse that build is hot to death with numbers to back it up, and you assembled the motor you definately have my respect. This is an excellent job of showcasing your shop and showing us the potential of these cars. I'm sure that thing is gonna rage at the track, my hats off too you. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif

bazeng

Very nice!

Good curve. Only problem I see with your engine bay is that you have exhaust fumes on that white paint!

LOL.. Every white VR4 I have seen has the black stains on the paint.

Good work mate!
Make sure to show us some vids! I'd love to hear it also.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned