The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Silver 5 spoke or Gold 7 spoke? Pics to compare

FCR

Gold!!!!!!!!!! +11111111

Last edited:

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Quoting MMCVR4:
Gold looks nice on a green car. It all depends on the type of wheels.

Except that car is actually gray. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

ApexHunter

I'd go with the silver. But really i urge you to sell both sets. They are both too new school looking on the old school car. I'd love to see something like this on there

A_1321_04.JPG

A_1331_04.JPG

A_1522_04.JPG

DSC02042.jpg

win
speedline_shop_gross.jpg

Last edited:

MMCVR4

Compomotive MO/turbo & OZ Chrono wheels are nice on a VR-4, but I would have to go with these. They were also available in pearl white & gold.

4thStroke

These would look good as well, being period correct and all. They're still pretty small wheels, though.

Last edited:

thedsmguy

Who has those wheels now? I just picked up some 17" BBS mesh for my gvr4, I'm going to redo them in gold and try not to be to much bronze more like a STI color.

4thStroke

The old owner of Smitty1457s car had them. I contemplated buying them, but I don't want that much sidewall and I wanted more width. They were refinished with bronze powdercoat and new stainless hardware. I'm not sure who has them now.

Who are you having powdercoat them for you? I've worked with Mr. Powder Kote a bit in the past, his prices are good, it can be tough to get a hold of him though. He's over by Covington Middle School.

NateCrisman

Yeah, Im totally couldn't care less about "old school - period correct modifications." It's not a collectors car to me, Im certainly not going out looking for any specific wheel other than what I can pull from a parts car. So my two choices are what I have in front of me and the main criteria Im using to make the choice of "which to sell" is value vs. weight & size with cosmetics being secondary to function.

Sorry to be blunt, but hey, that's me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

4thStroke

Dammit, Nate. You hurt my feelings. I am now going to add you to my ignore user list along with wop.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

NateCrisman

Sorry /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bawling.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Im just not into that kind of thing, modifying a car is all about getting the best performance for the dollar for me. If that means using old parts or the best new part...whatever works within my means. Hunting down wheels from the 90's is this for me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

4thStroke

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

It was a joke. It's going to take more than that to hurt my feelings.

But yeah, I hear ya. I wont be going for the period correct scheme unless something really blows my skirt up. Otherwise, it'll be bronze rota grids under belize green.

Last edited:

Boostdtalon

I would consider this. As far as I know SSR does not make the GT-7's anymore. My old roomie had them and I was going to look for some for my Evo but couldn't find them.

turbowop

I like period correct stuff. But I also like old school tech mixed with kick-ass new tech. Like old '32 Fords with twin turbo V8's, etc. Both ways of doing things can be cool, as long as they're done right. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

galant344

Quoting MMCVR4:
Gold looks nice on a green car. It all depends on the type of wheels.

these wheels are on my car now.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned