The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

shifter bracket bent?

gvr4144

Hey guys, i got some time finally to get the galant back together and when i went to put the cables on, my shifter seem to lodge itself to the right. After looking at my bracket it seems bent would that cause this?

EHmotorsports

swap cables to correct location and problem fixed. you are welcome:)

gvr4144

This is what it looks like when i swap them and i cant even get the jesus clips on im pretty sure i had them on right.

EHmotorsports

cables look backwards. as in installed on the wrong side from shifter base to transmission.

gvr4144

Thats how they were before my old tranny died... i didnt change anything.

EHmotorsports

how much adjustment do you have at the base?

gvr4144

Yeah..... my bracket was backwards /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif thanks for your help.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned