The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Serious issue: vins dont match/other issues

curtis

Man best of luck....you need to tell the guy to take a drive to tn get a po box and start from scratch. They don't check crap here if the vehicle is new to you for the first time you pay a tax then 53 dollars a year for tags. As long as you have a title your golden. One problem is kit cars, experimental , kei trucks etc. They have no clue what you need to do if you have one of them. I seriously (if I could afford it ) could have a driveway full of skylines, pagaros and evo 1-7's and have them registered as 240's, montero's and mirage's and would never have anything said. Oh by the way we don't have state vehicle inspections or smog checks here in the dirty south. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I'm suddenly glad that I don't live in PA. OH is amazingly forgiving and doesn't care about anything, especially in non smog counties. I've known people who have registered trailers that they've picked up from harbor freight while they're still a box of parts.

I don't get why they're trying to make him get a salvage title for new components though. Not sure about PA, but around here you only get a salvage title if its wrecked and the title is no longer clean, then it would get a salvage once neccessasy repairs are done. Never heard of salvage title on car with clean title due to replaced components. I'd just tell them that the shiny parts are replacements done for maintenance.

Last edited by a moderator:

jesus_ralliart

lol, PA is nothing compared to jersey. And if you say PA is harse, come live in new jersey... you will be amazed.

Also, he said that after all there was some sort of slight dent or something like that in the dash VIN. Thats what all the fuss was about. So, I told him to go and get the car registered elsewhere and as private. He was trying to register it as a business car.... So yea, no calls and im assuming everything worked out.

WTF. They seriously made an issue of a dent in the VIN tag? Glad its all worked out atleast.

1gnasty

if the vin on the door would come back as stolen the would have taken the car there no questions for further inspection jersey auto squad is very strict with the stolen parts

iLLeffeKt vr-4

I deal with a lot of cars at work, about 17 in total, and this never happened to me, nor have I heard of it happening to anyone else.
You buy a car and you go to dmv with the title you just got. You also have to fill out a form requesting new plates or transfering plates, and proof of insurance. You pay the registration fee and taxes for the purchase price and you're done. They give you a temporary inspection sticker which is good for 10 days I believe.
When you go for inpection the shop will scan the registration sticker on the windshield (if that doesn't work they will scan the one you keep in your wallet). No one ever checks vin #, tags, etc. The dmv never sees the car.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned