The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

safc

tintoy

I'm having some difficulties tuning my sfac /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif. I've try relating to RRE sfac tuning, can u give some tips or other link to for additional knowledge to properly tune my sfac. thanks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif

tintoy

and also i want to run 16psi or the max boost to my 14b but having difficulty for proper setting to my sfac. pls help

Do you have a boost controller, wideband o2, datalogger or tuned eprom chip? Any of those things are going to helo along with the SAFC.

tintoy

just have manual boost controller, boost and air/fuel gauge. will that do? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

wide band or narrow band gauge? the little autometer or other company narrow band blinky light gauges dont work except for a very vauge ball park, i used a neo for some time but i just have the GM maf translator.. but im going with DSM link.

Then without a logger to measure fuel trims or a wideband o2 sensor to see the a/f ratio(wideband not narrow band like in a bliny light but a real number) you are only guessing how much fuel you are adding with an SAFC. A dyno tune would be beneficial so you could utilize the shops wideband gauge when they tune it for you.

tintoy

for the mine time i'l just run normal boost and set my sfac (lo and Hi) to 0% or disconnect it?

I have tuned my safc with a exhaust temp gauge before I had got my aem ugeo. basically make a full pull in third and if the gauge reads over 14,000 degress C your running to lean just make small ajustments (one click up at a time)to richen it up until it stays under 14k. Kinda crude but it got the job done. remember with an safc theres not much tuning there.

Good luck
409/2000 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts