The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Rust repair panels?

Ted Andkilde

Hey guys, VR4 has a few minor areas that need attention.

Anyone have a good source for repair panels?

I think I've found an outer rocker:

click

I imagine it'll be non-VR4 specific and will need the holes for mounting the skirts punched.

Also, bottom corner of the pass front fender has come adrift as well, but since that's behind the skirting that should be easily hidden/fab-able.

Roof rails are coming out of the clips near the windshield as well, clean them up and glue back in with auto-body urethane?

TIA, Ted

AnotherNewb

You can always find a member parting one out and have them whack the panels you need off.

steve

Whacking off is strictly prohibited in the General section.

boostedinaz

Quoting steve:
Whacking off is strictly prohibited in the General section.

Would this fall under Anything Goes? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

AnotherNewb

And I tried to word that so it didn't sound stupid... I've been in WV for too long.

Ted Andkilde

RockAuto has front fenders, that's about it though.

Rockers don't lend themselves well to self pleasuring, they lead a hard life down there and once you whack through all the welds to get them off you'll lose all the structural integrity and shape -- you'll at least have some chafing and any little spots are likely to break out and spread to the surrounding metal eventually...

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned