The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

RS Bumper cover part's questions

MMCVR4

Quote:

As for ordering them through US dealerships, I've never understood why it couldn't be done but just THAT it couldn't. My friend ordered a JDM bumper for is ST-185 at a Toyota dealership near here. They shipped it in from Japan and 2 weeks later there it was. Maybe this could actually be done. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

That is correct about CELICA ST185 parts. In fact, you can also get ST205 body parts here. I used to work for TOYOTA and I was able to complete most of my GT-Four ST185 front end conversion with all brand new parts, except some other small parts. I was also able to order some ST205 body parts. TOYSPORT here in Los Angeles also sells these parts brand new. It will be really nice to get JDM VR-4 parts here, especially AMG body parts.

Last edited:

G

Staff member
Quote:
Quote:

As for ordering them through US dealerships, I've never understood why it couldn't be done but just THAT it couldn't. My friend ordered a JDM bumper for is ST-185 at a Toyota dealership near here. They shipped it in from Japan and 2 weeks later there it was. Maybe this could actually be done. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

That is correct about CELICA ST185 parts. In fact, you can also get ST205 body parts here. I used to work for TOYOTA and I was able to complete most of my GT-Four ST185 front end conversion with all brand new parts, except some other small parts. I was also able to order some ST205 body parts. TOYSPORT here in Los Angeles also sells these parts brand new. It will be really nice to get JDM VR-4 parts here, especially AMG body parts.

Mitsubishis' parts networks are obviously not set up internally like toyotas'. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif I've ordered jdm parts for my 86' through toyota with no issues as well.

I have jdm caps, but have to reinstall it. Also i think the rs bumper comes in other colors, just need to get the part #'s.

Last edited:

Gvr4-330

I don't think I even want to know the cost for new JDM Foglights, do I?

Rob

G

Staff member
They weren't too bad, have to look them up.

atc250r

Staff member
Quote:
Also i think the rs bumper comes in other colors, just need to get the part #'s.

IIRC CAPS lists our bumpers in every color too but when you go to order they all supersede to the white one.

John

G

Staff member
Interesting. I got the last rs bumper in the parts region where i got it from, checking too see how many are left in jp.

G

Staff member
Fresh in from jp, nib.

dsc00145xh1.jpg

Rausch

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

tsiboy

what does it smell like, have you smelled it? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif love the smell of nib, unfortunately not many of us can afford NIB anything.

Last edited:

Quoting atc250r:
I want a white non-locking fuel door. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bawling.gif

Quoting G:
I could probably order it new if i had the part #.

I search'd for the Part number and it's:

MB549494

The non locking fuel door was std on the Saudi VR-4's and since i own one i could track the PN in General CAPS /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Wolfy

Last edited by a moderator:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned