The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

RRT Galant

Adorsey

Holding it down /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

Im going to the track tomorrow, I wish I could bring the galant, but I still have some things to finish up.
I lended some of my couplers an put some work into my friends 1ga talon to head up there.
We're hoping to get some good times out of it while we can.

Oobie

Do you know what a hta86 is? Its a bolt up 35r. It bolts to the factory manifold. And there is no way its a regular 35r. Unless that car weighs 2500 pounds that its going to go that fast with out at least making 650+ to the wheels. I've got a question what do you mean a bolt on 35r? Does he have an aftermarket manifold? Say t3? Or is it a true bolt on DSM flange?

Last edited:

brisvr4

^^ Mate did you even read the other link I put up? It clearly states that it is running an Evo3 exhaust manifold. Can't get much more bolt on than that! And I know exactly what a dsm86 is thanks. And as the OP pointed out that is not what appears to be on it.
I really don't know why you are continuing to argue the point when there are 2 people that know the guy personally in this thread commenting /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif
If I didn't know better I'd swear you are some 12yo kid behind a keyboard /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

And to Blown1, I really hope I can get a 10 out of my pretty much full weight VR4 with my Bolt on PTE6262 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Adorsey, keep us updated mate /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Last edited:

Quoting Oobie:
Do you know what a hta86 is? Its a bolt up 35r. It bolts to the factory manifold. And there is no way its a regular 35r. Unless that car weighs 2500 pounds that its going to go that fast with out at least making 650+ to the wheels. I've got a question what do you mean a bolt on 35r? Does he have an aftermarket manifold? Say t3? Or is it a true bolt on DSM flange?

Ok dude I think we are all in agreement here as to the setup yes it is a true dsm manifold whether its a evoIII/2nd gen
I am not sure when I see him this week I will ask him ok. I will do the same for the turbo and put this one to rest. There
are some times that just run in the face of conventional wisdom for example curt brown 9 sec 16g runs or is this not possible
either? just saying some people just have the right combo iirc nate just went 10's with 16g and a little laughing gas too..

Quoting Blown1:
Raif is known mostly for building custom gear boxes depending on use. From that video I would think that it had the shorter dsm 1st gear but he is always coming up with some new combos that seem to just work he is a pretty good driver too. His street driven evo runs 10's and is not even as extreme as some of the other builds I have seen and btw his gf dd evo runs low 11's both cars are full weight with ac/ps etc all intact... The last time I was there it had the bolt on 35r with a dsm manifold and a 6 puck clutch that he was putting in that day looks like it turned out pretty good....

Oobie

A little correction on your info curt brown's FP16g powered 1g only ran a 10.33 @ 137.74. On his fp3065 he ran a record 9.4 he still holds the record. Here is a link the curt's page. click

A little correction on your info curt brown's FP16g powered 1g only ran a 10.33 @ 137.74. On his fp3065 he ran a record 9.4 he still holds the record. Here is a link the curt's page. click

Sorry little correction for you joseph bucci has the fastest 16g pass on record 9.975 here is your link /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

click

So I spoke to raif today about the car and here are the results /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Turbo DSM35R from HTA bent shaft and intake wheel not that great but works

Tranny/transfer case Stock(yep)except for 1g 1st gear broke galant 1st gear axles also stock
act 4/6 puck destroyed after previous pass now running twin disk rear is 4bolt
with limited slip but still 4lug and welded center diff did I mention axles are stock
Injectors 1000 cc/min

Block/head block has forged internals head is stock old one off the shop floor because big valve head
started pissing coolant thru ports night before dsm shootout.

Body Car is 2900lbs with driver Raif is a small maybe 150-160lbs I will let the pics do the talking he
said had he known the record was a 9.51 he would turned it up a bit realistically he feels
the car could go deep 9's with some more tuning and the big valve head that made 640whp and afr
in the 12's no matter how much fp he gave it stock head 590whp and afr's in the 10's as you can
see a lot more here unfortunately track officials frown upon 9 sec slush boxes with no cage so he
didnt get to make another pass.Below are some pics he emailed me enjoy please feel free to post
any other questions you may have.Wtf getting those open image error messages again I will try and
post these later....

Sorry I guess slush box means something different guess I should have said lunch box lol. No the car is not an auto slush box, slush box as in big flying brick looking heavy ass 4 door sedan, its a 5speed lol.Cant load damn pics again and they are jpeg file and way less than the 2mb limit whats going on now Hertz?

Last edited by a moderator:

Oobie

I never stated curt browns car ran a 9 second run you did if you go back a page. I stated that he only ran a 10.33 and ran a 9.4 with a FP3065 and not on a fp16g. But I guess you didn't see the period between sentences. And on another note you basiclly just proved me right with the turbo he has on his car and the power output by what you said he dynoed 640 right at 650 to the wheels.

mitsuturbo

Quoting Blown1:
Sorry I guess slush box means something different guess I should have said lunch box lol. No the car is not an auto slush box, slush box as in big flying brick looking heavy ass 4 door sedan, its a 5speed lol.Cant load damn pics again and they are jpeg file and way less than the 2mb limit whats going on now Hertz?

We sometimes haz problems uploading images. I thought the issue was alleviated recently.
Try the top of the forum, "News" has a thread about image uploads which seems to get adequate attention.

Last edited:

Quoting Oobie:
I never stated curt browns car ran a 9 second run you did if you go back a page. I stated that he only ran a 10.33 and ran a 9.4 with a FP3065 and not on a fp16g. But I guess you didn't see the period between sentences. And on another note you basically just proved me right with the turbo he has on his car and the power output by what you said he dynoed 640 right at 650 to the wheels.

Hey I gave you credit where it was due with the turbo so simmer down buddy and btw its a hta35r not hta86 yes I did post about CB 9 sec run which was incorrect. I corrected myself in the second link however as bucci did make a 9sec pass with a 16g which is the current 16g record. So to make a long story short this awesome VR4 as you can see hauls ass with not a lot invested. He is at the point now where he needs a cage license and a whole bunch of stuff but he believes the car can go even faster low low 9's he just need some SPONSORSHIP. Its a testament to the prowess of the vr4 that it can go so fast with so many stock parts knowing Raif I would have expexted a built tranny and head but I guess I was wrong stock stock stock guess we all have some work to do here we are trying to get our cars into the 11's and 12's giddy up people /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif here is one pic I managed to upload...

img.php

Last edited by a moderator:

Oobie

I'm not getting mad guy. I just like to poke and prod to see how other people react. But the car looks kinda gutted I thought it had full everything? Just asking.

turbofonz

Car is gutted. Has a cage and a stock leather driver's seat though :)

Also those runs were with no dash lights so he's pretty much shifting by sound LOL.

Quoting Oobie:
I'm not getting mad guy. I just like to poke and prod to see how other people react. But the car looks kinda gutted I thought it had full everything? Just asking.

Thats ok I am just f**ing with you too man its all good

464/2K

Anyone know h to get ahold of him? Interested in sponsorship.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned