The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Found a GVR4 on autotrader - insurance company help with value

mitsuturbo

DR1665 is absolutely right. 161/2000 was totalled when it got hit while parked

Geico came at me with $1300. I basically told them to go f*** a goat, and give me fair market value.

They gave me a check for $4300 and let me buy back the car for $400. They did ask me to find some cars for sale or that had sold recently. Auto trader, this forum, ebay, and classified ads all said it should be worth about 3500. (given its condition) Fortunately, the other cars out there modded and worth a lot more drove up the value of my wrecked (stock) GVR4.

turbophein

so i got what they called a "lite" estimate today, which does not include everything not seen, etc. $4000 in damage so far, so it looks like i need to start researching the values of these cars and sending them to the insurance to get what is rightfully mine. the adjuster told me as soon as he showed up, he thought this was a insurance scam, he said who has full coverage on a 91 galant, lmao but he then said that the car was in better shape then his 2008 car and he could understand why i insured it. plus i gave him the whole song and dance about it being a super rare car and that maybe half are left in existence period!

so i guess i am keeping the check they give me and also keeping the car, i will repair the necessary stuff and leave the body work alone for now. maybe use the money to get a good tune, and a new fmic, etc.

if anyone has any additional helpful info, it would be greatly appreciated

This seemed like the best place to add this.

I was involved in an accident last month where someone made a left turn in front of me.

Progressive valued my car at $3700 without me having to do anything. I did supply verbal costs for the modifications to the car but didn't supply any paperwork.

Last edited by a moderator:

Quoting Damills:
$11,995?? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif Am I missing something?

yea this lol now I want 25k for my car....

-Engine- Eagle H-Beam Rods Weisco 9:1 Pistons W/coated skirts Clevlite Bearings Balance shafts removed Cometic MLS head gasket ARP main studs ARP rod bolts ARP Head studs Completly spin balanced bottom end 1MM oversized supertech valves Crower Valve springs and retainers HKS 272 degree cams Unortodox Underdrive pulleys Fidanza adjustable cam gears Greddy Timing belt ALL new OEM oil and water pump and all timing belt pulleys 90 Oil Filter housing with external oil cooler Mobil 1 was used after the intial break-in period Motor was built by performance engine and machine in madison, WI and assembled by JA-Spec Engineering Mitsubishi BIG 16g with upgraded flapper. NOT an EVO 3 16g Ported 2g Exhaust manifold Ported 1g 02 Housing K@N Filter with custom intake pipe Full 3" Bushcur SS Exhaust system Magnus Intake manifold BBK Throttle body with JA-Spec engineering IAC Adapter Prothane Motor Mounts JA-Spec Engineering Coil on Plug System Extreme intercoolers custom race core front mount and complete piping with t-bolts 1G Blow off valve Perrin performance catch can SRP Manual Boost controller -Fuel System/Electronics- GVR4 Chipped ECU with all the good stuff 750cc RC engineering injectors Walbro 255 Fuel pump, with RE-WIRE kit GM 3" MAF MAF Translator Located in the center console AEM Wide band Gauge and sensor 30-30 psi boost gauge Autometer Apexi turbo timer -Drivetrain/suspension- ACT Exact Flywheel ACT 2600 Clutch kit New clutch master and slave clyinder w/ extended push rod Shepherd stage 3 transmission with 4-spider center diff 4 wheel steering removed 4 Bolt LSD Rear End Cross Drilled and slotted rotors Braided stainless steel brake lines ALL polyurethane suspension bushings KYB AGX Shocks Ei bach pro kit front springs with 1g awd rear springs All new calipers Engals Rear upper adjustable contol arms Car has around 400 hp at the wheels and is capable of much, much more. trades: aluminum trailer, crew cab truck, ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned