The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Routing crankcase breathers into exhaust

curtis

The moroso valves can be found at any junkyard. Look under the hood of any 5.0 ford, mustang, crown vic, lincoln etc. There usually on the pass. side and are part of the egr smog pump system. There's a hard pipe that comes up from the exhaust and into the pump then after the pump it goes into a series of check valves etc and into the back of the heads. Ford guys have been disconnecting this recir garbage for years and hooking them up backwards for pcv vacuum and the outlet to a catch can then have a drain back to the pan.

I just looked and there's electric smog pumps on ebay. Theres some cheaper than this but this is the first one I saw.

camaro electric smog pump.

This is another option run one of these and have a wot switch/hobbs set at low boost to activate. To work as a smog pump I'm sure it will pull at least 5 to 10 inches of vacuum so this is more than enough.

bazeng

Hmm..
that electric pump looks interesting..

How do they work on the camaro's?

They are a diaphram based pumped I'm assuming...

May have to get one and do some dyno pulls with and without it operating to see if the vac thing really does work..

mk3 vw's used that same smog pump also, sh*t even my buddies s2000 has one of those pumps. My mk3 jetta had it and it was quite loud when it turned on.. sounded like a electric supercharger hah. 1 non-vented catch can will work wont it? My pcv is routed back into the intake manifold just need somthing for the valve cover.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned