The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Roof Rack q's

BpuVR4

Ok, so i tried to search a bit and didn't see anything conclusive. Can someone inform me the important factors in buying a universal roof rack, ie the length or what kind of feet are necessary if I'm not using an oem rack? Or what other car racks are compatible with ours? I've never even touched one of these, but if I can get one to work it may go a long ways to keeping my VR4, as i have to haul a 6ft box once in awhile.

coyotes

Ask in the wanted section for a roof rack. I don't think anyone makes them for our cars anymore.

transparentdsm

thule foot pack 4304 and the load bars. cut them to length and put the end caps on. look at my build thread on page 3 or so and i have the exact same set up.

idreamidrive

Quoting transparentdsm:
thule foot pack 4304 and the load bars. cut them to length and put the end caps on. look at my build thread on page 3 or so and i have the exact same set up.

I understand that 4304 would be best, but this is the superseded item now: click
Anybody know if it will work.

transparentdsm

i don't know, but from what it looks like and what mine looks like no it wil not work. click this is what you want, plus a load bar. there is no cheap way to do it right with our cars.

transparentdsm

you can also find them on ebay pretty easy. it takes a little while to receive them bc there from the uk i think, but they have them.

92_talon_awd

$146 shipped on eBay, from the UK. click

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned