The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

rear windshield wiper

fivestardsm

No

conquesttsi

Wipper?

128730209620052877.jpg

Last edited:

As mentioned, the US cars didn't have this option. There are a few members however that have paid big bucks to import the rear glass & all the hardware. So you might see it on a couple/few US gvr4's.

If anyone from the Chicagoland area wants to do this i will come lend my hands. Ive replaced a couple windows and can help you out with super clean mounting and wiring of the wiper hardware. Sounds like a cool project.

Thought my spelling sucked. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

cheekychimp

Do any of our Malaysia, Phillipines or Thailand members have any details about which year rear wiper from a Honda Stream fots on the rear glass. My rear wiper is beat. I'm sure an arm could be purchased (I can enquire) but I have seen this 'mod' and it looks okay!

steve

Quoting coreyc123:
Did any U.S galant models have them?

No, and furthermore your stock rear windshield can not be "drilled" or "cut" in order to use a rear wiper. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

misterfixit

Quoting cheekychimp:
Do any of our Malaysia, Phillipines or Thailand members have any details about which year rear wiper from a Honda Stream fots on the rear glass. My rear wiper is beat. I'm sure an arm could be purchased (I can enquire) but I have seen this 'mod' and it looks okay!

There are two types of arm on these things. up to 89.10 the whole outer hinge thing was part of the wiper/wiffle tree arrangement you replace when its shot. after 89.10 they have just a standard wiper cartridge thing on the end. (thats what i have on both of mine)

Rear wiper did come standard on aussie market vr-4s , and if i remember right the rear glass was $600aud from the dealer. They come with the rear heater, but no rear ariel. JDM ones have the ariel in the glass too.

Rich

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned