The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Rear wheel bearing

pezza

Hi There,

I am based in UK and a long time lurker but wonder if anyone could please help.

I am after two rear wheel bearings for my March88 VR4. This is proving very difficult to find apart from going back to mitsubishi Japan which will cost me 120GBP per side..

I am wondering if anyone has done the job on their car before and whether the bearing complete is sold anywhere or whether you have to buy the parts separately from the diagram as below:

Does our car share any parts from other mitsu models?

Thanks

Dek

pezza

Thanks for that, but the one's on Rockauto look like the type I bought in error, where the driveshaft pokes through the centre...

pezza

Looks like I have found what I needed ..sorry folks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

the rough price for whole assembly are here 200USD for each side /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

click

so maybe I will just get

33103 MB290175 BEARING,RR AXLE SHAFT,BALL,16X58 REPL PART MT191613
33138 MB534782 ROTOR,RR AXLE SHAFT
33105 MB569972 BEARING,RR AXLE SHAFT,OTR,BALL,72X17-35

Should be a lot cheaper...

Last edited:

Vr4junkie

I bought some of mine off Amazon they were new oem bearings and priced well also check out partsgeek.com they also have a lot of oem parts and cheap I like them a little better than rockauto at times.

pezza

Cheers for that.. I will check partsgeek out too;

Did you change all the seals and covers at the same time or just buy and change the actual bearing /rotor components?

Thanks

Vr4junkie

Yes you have to replace all seals in order to replace the bearings. Here's a link showing a little more deatail click

If your doing this a shop press would help a bounch and a jaw puller but if you don't then a vise and some big sockets and hammer come in handy. It can be an easy job or a pain in the ass depending on what tools u have access too.

prove_it

An air hammer makes quick work of the rear inside bearings. Rear outside bearings will need a press or a long gear puller.

pezza

Thanks for all the tips guys.. Really appreciate it.

I will see what shipping JNZ offer to the UK.

I will let you know.

Thanks

Dek

pezza

12 Dollars shipping.. I cannot argue with that!

So 137USD including shipping to UK versus equivalent 304USD if I bought the same from a UK outlet!

So massive thanks ercp98!

theevozero

I believe I either bought mine from JNZ or RockAuto. Got it right on the first try. I was able to handle the install without even taking the knuckle off of the car. The first time I took mine apart to install new bearings, I discovered that the hub had actually spun inside the bearing, causing the illusion of a loose bearing. So I had to find a hub and try again. I don't recall there being any seals, since both rear bearings are sealed units...

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned