The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Full rear subframe and suspension over haul, am I missing anything?

LIV4PSI

I have a complete 4 bolt DSM rear subframe and suspension I am swapping over. The more parts I round up, I have decided I might as well do things properly while its all apart. I plan do disassemble everything, sand blast what ever will fit in the cabinet, and sand the rest by hand. Then I am going to paint everything I re-use with POR-15. I want to replace every wear item, except struts and brakes. Here is what I have or plan on buying

-BoostX mustache and subframe bushings
-Energy Suspension 1g master kit
-DIY rear upper camber arms via dsmtuners faq

Parts from Rock Auto
- SKF rear inner wheel bearing x2 click
- SKF or Timken outer wheel bearing x2 (SKF is cheaper, any reason not too?) click
- Moog sway bar links x2 click
- Raybestos premium ball joints x2 click

I just found out about the DIY upper arms, and they seem like the way to go. I need the adjustability, and like the idea of a heim joint on one end. Any downsides I'm missing? Also, I would like to end up with a Whiteline rear sway bar, but not sure if funds will permit at this point. Should I be adding anything else to my wish list? Or should I change anything?

thecman02

Didn't read the closest so I don't know if you listed it but I'd delete the passive rear toe. You don't have to get the Jay racing eliminator. There is a FAQ on getting washers welded in to delete it.

Last edited:

LIV4PSI

Cool, I will definitely look into it. I saw the kit from Jay Racing, but it was a little to pricey for me. I do hate understeer!

Edit: After researching more, I'm probably going to try and buy the kit from Jay Racing. I hope the $1000 I'm going to have invested in the rear subframe makes a nice difference.

Last edited:

Rear camber arms I suggest piña motorsports. I have bought from them before and they have great customer service and make excellent products.

click

LIV4PSI

It sucks they don't list the pricing.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts