The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Rear diff fluid?

Romanova

RedLine 75W90, Heavy Shockproof, or Lightweight Shockproof? Whats the snakeoil of choice?

Terry Posten

I use redline heavy shockproof. Also use it in the t-case.

Mitsu Diaqueen for the tranny.

Romanova

Quoting Terry Posten:
I use redline heavy shockproof. Also use it in the t-case.

Mitsu Diaqueen for the tranny.

Thought it said "DairyQueen" for a second...

Jesh

Nobody locally sells redline where I'm at, So I run 75w-90 royal purple. I would prefer redline but I haven't gotten around to ordering some.

Last edited:

Same for me on the royal purple. I've yet to try the redline. I wonder if there are any dyno comparrisons?

I order my Redline online /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif, Redline heavyweight in the differential and transfer case. BG Synchroshift II for the transmission.

I have seen a youtube video of someone dynoing a evo8? using all types of oil brands. If I recall correctly motul oil did the best (engine oil dyno). For engine oil, I'll stick with my regular [5-10](depending on the time of year)w30 GTX...

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned