The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Radiator question

Steve885

So Ive been having a little trouble keeping things cool...thought I had a stock radiator can anyone answer me this .does our cars radiator have a A/t fluid reservoir built in to it .. I suspect not but thought I'd ask anyway.

Last edited:

transparentdsm

it could also be a clogged heater hose or heater core, bad water pump or bad thermostat. take the whole system apart and flush and back flush everything till the water comes out crystal clear.

rebelboost

did this start running hot out of nowhere or did you do any work to the car and then it started to get hot?

Steve885

It's always been a issue...more so now with the new setup,cams,20g link and tune I've tried everything,,coolent no coolent 160 180 thermostats it's always the same in warm weather I can't keep it under control it dosnt over heat but it gets into that 220 range then starts to idle super high. I think my intercooler may be a problem it's way to big for a street car...I might go with a smaller one

Last edited:

MellowVR4

I've got an AFCO radiator, two fans on toggle switches, redline water wetter. On hot days I still have to keep the fans on most of the time just so it doesn't go over 190, specially on the freeway. I think by getting the fp blanket for my exhaust manifold is going to help out a bunch. It only make sense that it does.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned