The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

"Tein Spirit"

quote:Originally posted by number3:
I still have the fronts and rears now at level 8 and the car handles very well. (not too stiff unless I hit a small hole etc. I've always heard that these are too stiff for a comfortable ride in a daily driven car, do you agree? Could they be ordered with different spring rates?

number3

quote:Originally posted by Bigfoot:
I've always heard that these are too stiff for a comfortable ride in a daily driven car, do you agree? Everyone is different but I could see how most would say or agree with that statement. I think the AGX/H&R's are an excellent daily driver combo.

You mentioned the ride was a little bouncy. Is it still a little bouncy and what did you do to fix the bounciness? Did you notice a big difference in the handling after having the car cornered weighted?

turboflanagan

I can't answer for Harry, but when I first installed mine they were a bit bouncy on the higher settings (above 8). As I put a few miles on them they settled in nicely and the bouncyness went away. They also had a very noticable "squish" sound as I went over larger bumps like speed bumps and that sound greatly decreased as well.

number3

quote:Originally posted by Doug Thomas:
You mentioned the ride was a little bouncy. Is it still a little bouncy and what did you do to fix the bounciness? Did you notice a big difference in the handling after having the car cornered weighted? The ride is still some what bouncy. Still playing with the adjustments. The bounce comes from hitting waves or bump in a city street at a high rate of speed. Normal driving it is not noticable.

I think if I soften them up (for the street) even more they will be just fine. (I have a little over 1,100 miles on them at this point)

I will them stiffen them back up on a track day.

They are made for the track so no one should complain too much that they are not overly street friendly. (tire series 45)

The corner weighting does help. It helped pull out some of the understeer and I have a better understanding why it handles the way it does and can work with the car to make it faster.

(When you corner weigh the car the car, sometimes the car no longer looks level to the eye.)

number3

number3

P.S. I still need to get that tint job done.
I finally got the windows tinted. 35% on the front two windows and 25% on the rear 5 windows.
cool.gif
MEAN!

number3

From this...

turbo magazine 11/99

Note the massive weight transfer
jawdrop.gif
with OEM shocks and springs. (and the lack of tint)

To this...

Note that number3 now stays level during the launch, with the Tein coilovers. Very nice!
applause.gif

[ 09-03-2004, 02:07 PM: Message edited by: number3 ]

G

Staff member
i'm always amazed how people throw so much money in to their engine 1st. then do suspension last.

Very Nice Harry
The Launch from 6 years ago is very spectacular.
Ur car looks really good now.

number3

My engine was stock with a 16G on it (in the first pictures), but I understand your point.

I also tried the AGX H&R combo for a while before going coilover.

The brake upgrade path, I find, is usually the last thing people do.

G

Staff member
SO how much of a difference do you notice between the coilover setup & the h&r/kyb setup ?

[ 09-03-2004, 07:32 PM: Message edited by: G-UNIT ]

turboflanagan

The brake upgrade path, I find, is usually the last thing people do. Yeah, but probably the most important. I want a TCE kit bad, but that would mean new wheels too.
frown.gif

The first pics look like a real "launch"
wink.gif
. The second one, I'm like "Go already, what are you waiting for?"
cool.gif

sum 1 help me please!!!!! source a set of TEIN's 4menew/used in good condition
worthy.gif

number3

G

Staff member
NICE video, pronounced "tane".

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned