The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

"Tein Spirit"

number3

Upate:

I drove number3 for over an hour today... and I enjoyed every min. of it!

(It has been many years since I have driven number3 that much)

So far so VERY good.

And even at 11-12 psi the car pulls HARD. (still breaking in the engine, the clutch and it IS a 60-1)

The Teins ride very well on the PA Turnpike... They were grumpy on the roads of Norristown...

They seem to have quieted down and are staying tight now.

number3 tracks SO nice! She just never gives up in a turn. The Quaife LSD diffs just do an incredible job and the cage keeps the car flat and stiff.

Amazing for a 11 year old car!!!! Bring on the EVO8
wink.gif

The only "problem" so far is that number3 is so comfortable at speed that 95 MPH feels like 30MPH. No really!?

My speed alarm (my wife) went off and that was the only reason I looked at the speedo and kept me from a possible encounter with the law.

That is it for now.

Harry

P.S. I still need to get that tint job done.

turboflanagan

I took mine through the mountains a couple of weeks ago and it was most enjoyable! I am mostly done with the suspension stuff now that I have the Teins, Whiteline swaybars and polybushings.

With these mods and some decent tires this thing is quite a blast to drive. Very neutral, though I couldn't really push the car because it developed some kind of funky problem that felt like fuel cut anytime I would build more than 3# of boost.
mad.gif

Harry, watch those cops man. Btw, I just put 50% on #135 and it looks sweet. Not obnoxious, classy, and just right with the dark interior, and if I'm not mistaken, the cops in PA are just as anal as those in NJ when it comes to tint.

number3

When I had the car ALL apart I looked at removing the door beams. They are "glued" to the outside skin so I abandoned the idea.

The one big improvement that could be made it weight. number3 is still heavy (3278 w/o me) but I didn't remove a whole lot and added some so that is to be expected.

If it can pull a mid 11 at full weight I would be very happy with that. But than again I am already estatic so that would just be the icing.

quote: When I had the car ALL apart I looked at removing the door beams. They are "glued" to the outside skin so I abandoned the idea.
Hmmm...could they be removed without hurting the exterior door and paint? I was planning on pulling mine out but am interested in your thoughts since I haven't yet seen them with my own eyes

nrvous

I think we need to get some real track time on that suspension. Next year you better come up and run Watkins Glen with me. I can't be the only 4 door passing the porsche club.

Yes the car does handle that good at 120 as well.
187 at the Glen

steve

quote:Originally posted by number3:
quote:Originally posted by Pivvay:
quote: When I had the car ALL apart I looked at removing the door beams. They are "glued" to the outside skin so I abandoned the idea.
Hmmm...could they be removed without hurting the exterior door and paint? I was planning on pulling mine out but am interested in your thoughts since I haven't yet seen them with my own eyes
I highly doubt it. There is so much sh*t in the doors as well. I was working on a friends Audio A4 (replaced the power window assem) and the door beam unbolts and comes right out
smile.gif
Figures...
I've heard of them being removed successfully w/o external damage on 1G TEL's, so it *might* be possible to remove them on a GVR4. For me, it's not worth it. Even with door bars on a roll cage, I'd like that extra bit of protection if a 3-ton SUV driven by some soccer mom on her cell phone decides to park itself in my car's door. I'd wager to guess that the TEL beams are much heavier by virtue of the larger span they have to cover (monstrous doors).

number3

quote:Originally posted by Pivvay:
I highly doubt it. There is so much sh*t in the doors as well. I was working on a friends Audio A4 (replaced the power window assem) and the door beam unbolts and comes right out
smile.gif
Figures...

number3

quote:Originally posted by nrvous:
I think we need to get some real track time on that suspension. Next year you better come up and run Watkins Glen with me. I can't be the only 4 door passing the porsche club.

Yes the car does handle that good at 120 as well.
187 at the Glen

steve
I'll be there. Just remind me.

number3

number3

Log:

I still have the fronts and rears now at level 8 and the car handles very well. (not too stiff unless I hit a small hole etc.

The tire psi is 42 front 44 rear.

One tire was mounted back wards on the rim but in their condition (worn) I doubt it really matters.

They don't appear to rub anywhere on the body despite the 9" width wheels.

The turn in of the car has now is just incredible. But power of the car easily breaks the 245's loose in the turns. (New R compound tires are needed)

The car does seem to push less, however.

More to come... (still need tint)

holy jesus......$1500......is it worth it? i know turbowop has some too. what do you guys think?

beautiful car by the way, very clean (clean enough to resurrect a year old thread)

turboflanagan

Harry, is that with stock swaybars still?

Mine with 225's doesn't push much at all with the 22f, 24r Whiteline bars on and the Teins in the same spot. I do want to put the rear on the full stiff adjustment though.

number3

I keep my suspension settings and notes, from the last year, in this thread for easy reference, hence the age of the thread.

24mm f & r (AWS steering long gone.)

BTW thanks guys...

#3,

In the pictures, am I seeing different wheels than the SSR's you've had for a while? Post a side pic and describe if I'm on track.
wink.gif

G

Staff member
the lowest i've found em for is $1300.00 what did you pay ?

number3

Street wheel and tire package
17 X 7 SSR
225 45R17 Bridgestone Potenza S02
32lbs

AGX and H&R

Tein HA

You can see by the pictures, how the Tein make the 16 X 9 wheel fitment possible. I don't think they would ever clear with the AGX.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned