The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Question about cams

turbowop

Once again, somewhere along my post you think I called your car slow. Does me calling you a douchebag = you're slow? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

I thought your car was supposed to be done by now? Another $3k? By the time you finish blowing all your wife's money on this car, you could have bought a small country, while the rest of us ran the times you're dreaming of back in '03 with turbos half the size. Congratulations. Go swing your e-dick on another forum. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

uncleben4rice

Yall know yall LOVE ME. every show needs comic relief.

I know I talk alot off crap, but the truth is I love this hobby, I love the cars and folks on this board.

that being said.

Yall cant deny, my ride is fly.

built motor with CAMS and the 35r..you name it, I got it..soon to woop wops azz on his track in his town..this is the Uncles passion aw yea.

what you say WOP we doin this next summer. Just say the word. Say it, and its on.
Conrad in the pits. Full Function on the tune and the Uncle at the helm, aw yea.

turbowop

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowrofl.gif I haven't raced since '05. What makes you think I want to next summer? Unlike you, I don't have anything to prove.

turbowop

"lol" is having a 35r car that requires a crew. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif A tuner, a pit guy, and you as a driver? Can you not work on your own car? You just write the checks and sit in the seat? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif

brisvr4

homer-eating-popcorn-c7873_sml.jpg

Brianawd

Quote:
uncleben4rice

Who are you? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Lonewolf64

^^Some California members claim to have met him. Otherwise I would say it's just someone on a fake account trolling for the hell of it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif^^

Olson

um... last i new and saw your car is still in peices ben.... wtf dude stop the lies its makeing my eyes bleed. i really hope you run like a 12.2 or somthing lol
retard
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

4thStroke

I ran the numbers he dreamed of a long time ago with the 16G. He has no hope left. Next we'll see is him hoping for low 12s with the 16G. Hes fucked.

Polish

Quit chuttering the thread. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

boostedinaz

Quoting uncleben4rice:
And for all you other busters out there

Sorry the only thing I have busted is into the 12's how about you?

Quoting uncleben4rice:
The car aint slow no mo...Batches. I only had to spend another $3,000 on the POS

I doubt that, but just keep on mentioning how much you have spent to accomplish very little it makes for good fodder. Something about money buying brains I can't quite remember how it goes.

Last edited:

4thStroke

By the way, uncle. There is no pride to be gained by punking off a 30R with a 35R. With the larger turbo and huge amounts of money you have into your car, you should beat the wop.

If you really want to get into it and really are calling out Mark, I know there are a couple other of us 30R guys who are up for beating down your 35R.

Last edited:

turbowop

Werd. I would expect a built motor 35r car to put the hurt on mine. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif I still have the damn stock bottom end in mine at 138k miles. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

prove_it

From cam talk to a pissing contest, these thread make me laugh.

CarRacer

Bump for purchasing a FP1 exhaust cam today. I will update after install with my impressions. I won't have dyno numbers for reference though but this is a street car so that isn't as much of a factor.

CarRacer

Cam arrived today. Comp grinds their blanks to the specs FP provides so it came in a Comp box and had instructions for installing a cam into a V8. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Anyways here's the specs on the cam card.
Grind # - XE250HR 106+2
Gross Valve Lift - .391
Cam Lobe Lift - .229
Duration @ .050 - 204

CarRacer

Installed the cam last night. It's hard to tell the idle has changed at all but driveability and power delivery sure have. It seems to have a little more torque down low and it definitely pulls harder up top and doesn't feel choked off. I did a before and after 3rd gear pull and recorded the results with a acceleration meter app on my phone. I'll post the results when I get home. It probably doesn't mean much and I would be lucky to gain double digit horsepower numbers but it sure feels nicer.

Here's a video of it idling. YouTube link.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned