The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Public service announcement- Front bumper fascia

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Just to let everyone know, as of September 7, 2010 front bumper covers have gone obsolete. There is no stock left available, and will not be ordered.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bawling.gif

Brunoboy

wth, we were able to get em up til now? lol

Good. Now the people who were willing to pay new dealer prices for ugly USDM pieces can use that money for nice jdm ones.

mitsuturbo

Ohhhhh.. man that sucks!

JDM ones are hard as hell to find in decent shape too.

I wonder about the availability of the 93 LS fascia. I've found some places on line that claim to have them.
The only difference is no foglight holes. No big loss there, since most foglights are haggard anyhow.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Quoting crankwalk:
Good. Now the people who were willing to pay new dealer prices for ugly USDM pieces can use that money for nice jdm ones.

Oh sure, USDM fuel door with JDM bumpers. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

turbowop

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/werd.gif

I hope the USDM fuel door with that gawd-awful lock cylinder goes NLA soon as well. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

mitsuturbo

Quoting turbowop:

I hope the USDM fuel door with that gawd-awful lock cylinder goes NLA soon as well. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

How you supposed to get in there if the cable breaks/malfunctions?

SouthCaliVR4

Quoting mitsuturbo:
Quoting turbowop:

My keys have never worked on the gas door or trunk & yes I checked, I don't have the valet key. did these even have a valet key?

Terry Posten

Mine never did either until I had all the lock cylinders cleaned by a locksmith (ultrasonic cleaner and proper lube). Then I had new keys made from the code on the original key shaft.

Since then, all the locks work perfect and really smooth.

turbowop

Quoting mitsuturbo:
Quoting turbowop:

It's accessible through the trunk. And like others, my key never worked on the fuel door anyway.

dsmtalontsi95

Quoting mitsuturbo:
Ohhhhh.. man that sucks!

I wonder about the availability of the 93 LS fascia. I've found some places on line that claim to have them.
The only difference is no foglight holes. No big loss there, since most foglights are haggard anyhow.

Does anyone still make this bumper, I see cirtefit doesn't.

G

Staff member
What's the part # ? Their are probably a few because of the different colors.

Quoting mitsuturbo:
Ohhhhh.. man that sucks!

mitsuturbo

MB912842

At least that's what they're showing for a cross ref in the aftermarket, and it's 93 specific. That should be the one.

To bad these bumpers aren't available any more for you. I do like these bumpers! But then again, these bumpers are just as rare for us in europe as the JDM bumpers are for you in the US! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I do believe that you can order the "US" bumpers through europe. Afterall, these bumpers were stock on the gulf spec and aussi spec VR-4's so there should be some available outside! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif I ordered a BNIB "US" front and rear bumpers through Mitsubishi sweden and it was located in their central warehouse in polen (if memory serves right).

The only real US front bumper is the one without the fog light holes. I contacted JNZ about it a while ago and they say it's NLA.

G

Staff member
Quoting mitsuturbo:
MB912842

At least that's what they're showing for a cross ref in the aftermarket, and it's 93 specific. That should be the one.

That one is white and na in the us anymore, any other colors?

gtluke

I think they were only sold in white as replacements.
years ago I bought a dogleg but it was black, and they only came in black.

G

Staff member
Found these other colors, nla in the us. mb558603/ mb598622/ mb595134/ mb729193.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts