The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Plug for knock senser or EGR EGT probe?

boostedinaz

Finishing up the last little things before tryng to fire up 1101 and I can't figure out what plug goes to what. Here are the two plugs I have that are by the intake off the firewall. I know one goes to the knock sensor and one goes to the EGT probe in the EGR valve (CA car) but don't know which is which. Tried searching but couldn't find much about the EGR probe.

Any help is appreciated. Here is a pic.

dsm10o0

I'm pretty sure it's the white and gray wire.

boostedinaz

The knock sensor or the EGT probe?

I guess I coudl also just plug them in and see what happens. I doubt with the low voltage it would do any harm.

dsm10o0

Knock sensor on the white and gray plug. I remember when wiring up my speed density,
I was gonna use the egr plug but mine didn't have it and green with black is ground and green with red is signal wire.

Also, if you look inside the connector, it should have a matching color pin inside of both plugs.

Last edited:

boostedinaz

You're the man thanks!!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned