The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Part number needed

bobdole

Hello Guys,

I am looking into replacing my seat belts for the driver and passenger. They are frayed really bad. Not the lap belt, but the belt that goes over your shoulder. I wondering if you can even just replace them or if you have to buy the whole system. Any ideas? and if you have the factory part number please?

biglady112

Should be plenty of those in the junkyard in town. That is where I got mine when my dog chewed through mine. Most of the yards here have an online inventory of what is in stock.

G

Staff member
I have one nib.

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
I should have a good set of these (it is the spools located under the center console-pull out the box under the armrest). I can look for them and double-check the condition. They are actually out of one of KC's cars, and you know how nice he wants things.

bobdole

Thanks guys for the information. I can't get my caps to work so can't check the part number. I called Mitsubishi yesterday and they said no longer available. Iceman let me know if you have them. and pictures of if you don't mind.

Charles

bobdole

Thanks Drew84 for the info. I just got in from them. Fitted already.

Last edited:

Drew84

About a year and half ago I was walking up one of the parts rows here. I noticed a long forgotten box that for some reason had alluded me before. I open up this dusty and yellowed box and to my surprise one of these seat belt assemblies was sitting inside. Perfectly brand new with a warehouse shipment tag from 1998. I've been working here since 2007, I bought the Galant in November of 2010. What are the odds that this part was just sitting here waiting for me, not even listed in our inventory. Needless to say, 801 has brand new shoulder belts.

bobdole

That is cool for sure. All I need now is the part that the lab belt snaps into. With the red pc. Not sure what they call it. Can't find the part on Caps at all. Anyone have the part number?

Charles

holeshotmoe

Looks like they come as an assembly, i.e., belt, clip, etc. MB758910 (LH) and MB758913 (RH). Found these new online for $92 and $79 shipped.

slugsgomoo

you just need the end that's on the seat that the belt clips into? Do you care if they're not super red, or is that what you're after?

With harnesses (and someday manual belts) in my car, I don't really need mine. Don't remember how reddish it is anymore though, I could get a pic if you're interested.

bobdole

Thanks slugsgomoo for the offer. I went and ordered the new ones. There weren't to expensive.

Fitted the shoulder belt. This was the only pc in my interior that was looking bad. So I needed to replace it. Thanks for the help guys. My interior is complete now.

36y6.jpg

a9o2.jpg

bobdole

Quoting holeshotmoe:
Looks like they come as an assembly, i.e., belt, clip, etc. MB758910 (LH) and MB758913 (RH). Found these new online for $92 and $79 shipped.

Thanks for the part numbers. Ordered from Vintage parts. Ordered one side. Hopefully it comes with it. If they do I will order the other side. They where $60 for one and $70.00 for the other.

Street Surgeon

What is this "vintage parts warehouse" you speak of?

bobdole

bobdole

Thanks holeshotmoe. They did come with the part I needed.

ke71.jpg

holeshotmoe

No problem. But wow, is that a red button or what???

Last edited:

bobdole

It is yes. Red=good pink=bad.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned