The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Hawk HP+ Part Number ??

mean_green

Tore into 1632 a little more tonight and finally got around to doing the brake pads and ss lines -yottta -yotta -yotta

Long story short I get my old calipers off and everything, pop the old pads out and go get me brand spanking new Hawk pads that I ordered from JNZ Tuning only to find that the Hawks arent even close to the same size....??

I tried to look up a part number myself to compare but Summit Racing offers the same part number that I have so Im a little confused on whats going on.

Is anyone rocking these or know the part number so I can compare with the Hawks I do have in my possession? Im going to call JNZ tomorrow if I can get a chance and see if theres a mix up somewhere either on my end or theirs.

-Alan

mean_green

Nevermind, just figured out how to work hawkperformance.com /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif
And the part number for Galant VR4s and what I have are different....

mean_green

CORRECT Hawk HP+ Part number for Galant VR4 Fronts HB214N.618

NOT CORRECT HB213N.626 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif
-Alan

cOmpressor

"NOT CORRECT HB213N.626"

Ain't that for them damn DSM's?

mean_green

Well both are for DSMs but the not correct is for the small brake 1Gs while the correct one we need is for big brake later year 1Gs.

Eric over at JNZ straightened everything out and was a lot of help and has great customer service skills. Props to him and if you ever have problems with JNZ I advice dealing with him.

-Alan

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned