The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Overheating

Illinoisinc

I am also not complaining that I have to do it again. I am honestly learning from it. It was a pain but its a learning process. Plus in the future if anyone needs help I can lend a hand you know.

Dark_Horse

While I agree that replacing a head gasket "can" be a few hour job; while you've got it apart, why not replace other stuff. Front case, oil pump gears, BSEK, timing belt, tensioner, ARP head studs etc.

Those few items will pretty much ensure that your car will run another 100k miles without much else (engine related) going wrong.

Illinoisinc

I Def will.

thanks bud. I will also do the head gasket today

Illinoisinc

MORNING everyone! thank you for all the great advice.

I have changed the head gasket and she is officially running. I will say this. The previous owner did a lot of shady work just to get it running.

I will use this block till I buy another one and build it. Afterwards ill give this one away

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned