The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

old school audio score

curtis

My buddy called yesterday morning and said he has a neighbor having a yard sale and said he has a bunch of old Ford parts that are new and I'll be at your house in 15 minutes to pick you up.

So we get over there and yes parts... extrudhone intake, cold air kit yadda yadda nothing to exciting but I look over on another table and there some old audio stuff. So when it came to buying time I told him give me the best price on the Ford stuff because I don't like to low ball people after a few minutes he spit out a total then I waited a few and then I raised the price some and my buddy was like what you like giving your money away and my reply was yes if I get all the radio stuff. Guy went from happy go lucky to kind of pissed off but said yes and I handed him his cash and we loaded up. I had no idea what I had bought till I got home.

One old alpine 3516 amp little baby that I think was factory in some old fords from the late 80's
one old 1st gen punch 150 thats been hot roded with a larger punch 200 power supply so he says
and a NIB Soundstream TC 308 am fm cassette with CD inputs and has two RC jack outputs one to the front amp and one for the rear. Even got the pull out handle so I can walk around the mall with the whole unit. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

I had no clue what it was worth but after some research new back in the late 80's was built in Japan by Nakamichi and was anywhere from $500 to $800 and was rated number 1 or 2 for sound quality, he said some kid beat me to the amps by one day. I don't care I already have amps for the car, but would have been nice to have everything matching and new.

GSX_TC

Sweet, nice find

mikus

sweet - I run a vintage soundstream amp in #1994, they used to make really great stuff. Pull out cassette decks, classic - that's one of those point-in-time things like pagers where you had to be there.

Yesterday I was junkyard picking a vr4 with a cellphone hardwired in, I could go grab it if you want to build a period correct

alansupra94

Vintage audio is awesome. They really don't make them like they use too. I know my cousin has quite a bit of knowledge, I will ask him.

CutlassJim

I have a ADS Powerplate Circa 1994 and it's still the best sounding amp I've heard under $1000. Old skool FTW.

Last edited:

ive had the same soundstream amp in about 15 different cars driving the same two JL w6's out does most systems i encounter

BlitzVR4

Amp ADS PQ20
Crossover ADS 642csi
Subwoofer Nakamichi 8"
Front ADS seperates
Alpine 7909

Best sounding system I had.

Loudest was
Amp Rockford Fosgate Power 1000 for subs
ADS PQ20 for the fronts
Crossover ADS 642csi
Subwoofer Alpine 12"
Alpine 7909
Front ADS 6" midrange with 1" tweeter

CutlassJim

Wow I had an old Nak deck that looked like it was from Beverly Hills Cops 2 and was the best sounding deck I've ever had besides my new Eclipse one. I heart the memories this thread brings back.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned