The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Oil light

The_Big_Weave

Just changed the intake to a 2g maf and now my car idles a little lower like 800 to 1000 used to idle about 1300 (I know a little high but with cams I had to). Now when the Idle drops below 750 my oil light flashes. I just changed the oil with 5-W30. I was wondering if I went to 10-W40 if the light would go away or what the problem could be.

slobra

What are you using to compensate for the 2gmaf? I have a 2gmaf but I had to have a chip burnt to compensate for it. Do you have a safc?

Terry Posten

The thicker the oil will allow for higher pressure BUT....

If the motor is having oiling issues, it will not get better.

The_Big_Weave

Quoting slobra:
What are you using to compensate for the 2gmaf? I have a 2gmaf but I had to have a chip burnt to compensate for it. Do you have a safc?

yeah I have it tuned fine. SAFC and a wide band. 14.7 on the wide band at idle.

My timing belt is really tight I am thinking that this may be part if the problem

iceman69510

Turn Right Racing
Staff member
Put a gauge on it and verify ACTUAL pressure. Could just be your oil light switch wearing out. Diaphragm will do that eventually.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned