The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Oil cooler

Lucas03ES

So I have a 90 OFH on my car, and I was going to be mounting this B&M cooler with braided steel lines and such, but I cannot find a suitable area to mount it to. I saw Terry Posten's mount where the ABS unit used to be, but this cooler seems a bit too wide to fit in that spot. I was also going to attach it to the front of the passenger side of the AC condenser, but my lines are not long enough. What about the back side of the condenser (civic rad)? Would that be too hot of a location? Could I possible mount it where the AC fan is, and put a different fan on the back side of it? What about on the back side of my ETS fmic? Im just looking for an optimal spot, and if none of these are auitable, would it cause me any major problems to just bypass it?

WaRrIoRs16

If you searched, I just posted a thread about where I put mine. No, I do not have A/C, but I have my radiator right where the condensor was. So, to answer one of your questions, you can put the oil cooler where the fan was. I even included many pictures in my thread. Have a look. B&M Oil Cooler Mounting

Last edited:

Lucas03ES

I did search.
I have A/C.

I ended up removing my power steering cooler and mounted it to the back side of my ETS front mount.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned