The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

OEM parts?

CutlassJim

Where are people buying OEM parts these days?

I always used JNZ but they don't seem to have and OEM parts section anymore.

Thanks

lowcashleblanc

I picked up front axles and front sway bar end links from O’rillys a couple weeks ago. They had them in store to boot.

Also interested for a OEM parts source online. I can’t order from most of the sites like rock auto because I live in Colorado and sometime about taxes.

CutlassJim

I'm looking for small Galant specific bits so parts stores won't be much help.

Bueler?

mooserage

Staff member
I email or call JNZ with a list of what I need. Josh has been really fast to get back to me with what he can get and send an invoice if I want to order it. Mitsubishi updated their system a while back and JNZ lost the ability to offer a full catalog on their website that we could browse, but he's still able to check inventory for almost anything across Mitsubishi dealers.

I've also used RTM Racing a lot over the last year, same situation, if its not listed, give them a call or shoot an email and they will check. The original owners/founders (Paul/Ziggy) of RTM had sold it for a few years to someone who didn't run the business well, so they are still rebuilding some of the inventory and catalog, but they are awesome people. When I reached out about modifying their STM sending unit to work with the GVR4 and not just the TEL, they were more than happy to make the change and I'm running one in my car now.

Only other place I'd mention is ExtremePSI, they've also been great for some parts and pieces here and there.

JBrendel

For some oddball things I use some sites like mitsubishidirectparts and mitsubishipartswarehouse. Prices aren't terrible but shipping can be really high in some cases. The navigation of the sites isnt great but if you know the oem part numbers they have most parts, they can even get some that are discontinued in some cases.

Last edited:

lowcashleblanc

I’ve been curious about some of those Mitsubishi parts sites. There’s like 20 of them. The sheer number of them had me questioning their validity.

raptorWagon

Most of those "Mitsubishi parts" sites are attached to dealers.

However, you gotta remember these cars are approaching 30+yrs old now. When the oem supply on the shelf runs out, that's it for availability and that's already been happening more frequently now. Welcome to the world of "obsolete" Mitsubishis lol.

punk3rz

Most of those sites don’t actually have the parts in stock. I’ve ordered from almost all of them and always get an email the next day saying my order was cancelled and my card won’t be charged. They refuse to update their stock because it brings traffic to their websites. Parts are scarce now and hard to get anywhere. I’ve been looking for a set of parking brake cables for 3 months now and no one has any.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts