The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Thoughts on aftermarket TPS sensors

EfiniX

I can't get an OEM rushed from JNZ, so I'm looking at some other options. Now I know that there are certain parts you just don't go non-OEM on (like the timing belt tensioner). What about the TPS? JNZ has an OEM for $170 + shipping. Rock Auto has a Standard Motor Product (how generic is that. lol) TPS for $40, and an Airtex/Wells for $140. I can get either by Tuesday.

Thoughts?

89Mirageman

I'd just get a used one from the local JY or I probably have one around here that you can have. You hardly ever see these things go bad. I do know that most of the Beck Arnley stuff that I've bought from Rockauto was oem though, I didn't see where you listed that one though so I'm assuming they didn't have it.

EfiniX

Picked one up from Paul (thedsmguy) for $5. Evan tested the resistance, installed it, and I'm back in business!

Andy91GVR4

If you could arrange some luck in the same department here in Perth Western Australia that would be awesome!
I'm facing the same issue (faulty TPS)and where to get one for my 91 Galant VR4 Turbo AWD. The local Mitsubishi dealer wants ~$500!!

brisvr4

Quoting Andy91GVR4:
If you could arrange some luck in the same department here in Perth Western Australia that would be awesome!
I'm facing the same issue (faulty TPS)and where to get one for my 91 Galant VR4 Turbo AWD. The local Mitsubishi dealer wants ~$500!!

Head to your local wreckers and check out the Hyundai section.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts