The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

noob question walbro 450lph

ghostinthevr4

A little yes a lilttle no, it's identical to a Warlboro 255 except for the fuel feed portion. The 450 has a long piece coming out the top of it where it feeds fuel to the hose. If my memory serves correct you'll have to mount it lower and you might have to cut the bevel part under the sending unit off to connect your rubber hose.

donniekak

It's nothing like a 255. The bottom of them is about twice the diameter. What I did was cut the fuel tube shorter, and used a piece of ethanol safe hose, and fuel injection clamps. For the bottom, I cut the bottom of the hanger off, and used a worm clamp to secure the pump to what was left of the pump bracket.

ghostinthevr4

Good point I forgot about the bottom being bigger. To the OP are you trying to just drop it in real fast or do you have some time to work with it. If you have a little time and money go AN fittings and be done with it. You will have to take the bottom of the sending unit out I forgot about that part.

Do something like this.

Then your good to go.

gtproto

yea i will do it right the first time with AN fittings, but you gave me exactly what i needed to know thanks

ghostinthevr4

No problem but make sure you do like donniekak and get a proper hose for the fuel tank I believe you can find it a NAPA. You need submersible and E-85 safe hose.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned