The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Non Turbo Throttle Body with Stock Intercooler Piping

donkeylips

Anybody know of a good way to make this work?

pot

Staff member
Off the throttlebody, use a 90 degree silicone transition coupler at 2.75 to 2.5

You can then purchase about a 12" 2.5 aluminum pipe to connect to the cold side intercooler pipe. You will need the transition couple of 2.5 to 1.75

You shouldn't spend an arm nor a leg. I use www.siliconeintakes.com exclusively and spent less than $50.00 for this exact set up. G/L

donkeylips

Thanks, got any pics?

donkeylips

So did you completely eliminate the upper hose with the 12" length of aluminum pipe? Was 12" the right length or did you have to cut it?

pot

Staff member
Yes, as in the picture, the stock upper intercooler hose is removed. Package it away for safekeeping if you decide to revert your engine back to stock configuration. The length of the aluminum is approximate. Don't fret, a hack saw makes for easy cutting. Study those pictures along w/ the dimensions I provided and you'll be just fine.

donkeylips

Looks pretty slick, thanks. I guess I just have one more question. The second coupler looks like a 45 but it's hard to tell. Should it be a 90 or a 45?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned