The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Nobody cares about your stupid power antenna.

JamesFoster

Angle it forward for more wind resistance - more downforce - mad dOwNForCe YO

89Patches

Lol I would have just covered the hole with a piece of black tape, What can I say I am a hack /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

brisvr4

I had one of those in 1986 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

turbohf

i replaced mine with a cap. i dont listen to the radio. i end up with OEM blockoffs on most my cars, or in the case of the Galant and Integra that all had them, just a cap. think i used a Integra firewall grommet for both cars...

fuel

Am I the only one with a fully functioning electric antenna still? :p

mitsuturbo

On 1411 i replaced the antenna with a battery switch. I never listen to the radio because all the music they play pretty much sucks ass. So i enjoyed CD/MP3 only.
I haven't done anything with the antenna on the current car. It's been so long since i listened to any music or anything in the GVR4, soon as i turned on the stereo i was like GAAAAAHHHH my freakin ears!! Because the speakers in these cars... my god, man. They sound absolutely horrid.

prove_it

Quoting coyotes:
I purely listen to the radio, I don't own any CDs.

Get siriusXm, never look back.

GSTwithPSI

Quoting fuel:
Am I the only one with a fully functioning electric antenna still? :p

Mine still works and I love it. Then again, I also like automatic seatbelts, so maybe it's the 90's nostalgia in me.

coyotes

I like my power seatbelts. My power antenna didn't work and the stalk was bent, so away it went. hella weight savings dawg

mitsuturbo

I too like the auto belts. I don't understand the hate for them, TBH.

As for Sirius/XM radio... i had that for free in the Veloster for like six months. Every time i turned to the few stations i sort of liked, it wouldn't be long before i heard something i didn't care for, and rarely did i hear something new and think "Hey, this is great. I should look this up later." I've resorted to finding most of the music i like on Youtube and following up from there to obtain it and put it on some form of portable media.

mitsuturbo

Quoting coyotes:
I purely listen to the radio, I don't own any CDs.

Does anybody even use CDs anymore? The last time i used a CD was to burn a couple hundred MP3s to play in the VR4. The last HU i bought was for my Montero Sport, and it didn't even have any internal moving parts. BT and memory stick/usb only.

coyotes

I'm just stuck with the headunit in my car for now, it's a mid 2000s that plays CDs, but not new enough to have a aux input. I know you can get a plug for the back that will, but I have not done it yet. Lazy...

NDVR4

Where did you get that atenna, mine is like others no longer goes down. I do like terrestial radio and would like to have something like yours coyote.

NDVR4

I might need to look into that, I often look at the galant and think it is a Remote Controlled VR4 haha.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned