The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

No more Fast And Furious movies?

Well, apparently today Paul Walker passed away after someone driving his new Porsche GT lost control and hit a slew of trees and posts causing the car to rip apart and subsequently burst into flames. The driver and Paul Walker were reported dead at the scene. I wonder what this means for the Fast And Furious franchise which has brought so much light, both good and bad, to our hobby..... You can read more here Paul Walker Death

GSX_TC

This thread should of been created in the anything goes section not general VR4. But yeah that's crazy, can't believe he's dead. He was pretty well known for all those movies. I wonder who's going to inherit the R34 GTR he had.

James

For the record filming is still going on. They are continuing filming tomorrow.

I have insider information on that. I know someone who does lighting for big movies. He's back on the set tomorrow for FF7.

So either it's a VERY ELABORATE HOAX or they already had PlanB for this situation.

strokin4dr

Filming for FF7 was going on in Atlanta 2 weeks ago. I'm sure it will continue.

raptorWagon

Pretty sure a plan B...Insider info lol. Dude died. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

Steve885

Dude I almost had u! .....u almost had me? u never had me,u never even had your car....!!!

Last edited:

bigblock4g63

Quoting James:
For the record filming is still going on. They are continuing filming tomorrow.

I have insider information on that. I know someone who does lighting for big movies. He's back on the set tomorrow for FF7.

So either it's a VERY ELABORATE HOAX or they already had PlanB for this situation.

that is funny the studio already said the movie is on hold

James

It was on hold. For a day.

Edit: they might not go back to filming yet but he in indeed back on the set working on special effects and lighting.

Last edited:

Wizardawd

You'd be surprised what can be done. (A)They may have done a majority of the shooting of scenes he was in and (B)Look at the The Crow. Brandon Lee died before they were finished filming, they just did some CGI magic in some key scenes they hadn't filmed yet to put him in.

Wiz

prove_it

They'll just chop in scenes from the last movies.....

dc_style

A lot can be done these days and the storyline can always be changed. Unfortunately it'll never be the same though. They did film tokyo drift and tied that together, with Vin in a short cameo appearance at the end.

Not sure if you guys knew, but the guy that played Proximo, Oliver Reed in Gladiator died of a heart attack before the movie was finished and they used a body double and cgi'ed is face on. Pretty impressive.

click

transparentdsm

^huh. i was thinking they could start the movie with jason statham killing brian oconnor, maybe have mia in the car and then dom would go to tokyo(tie in the tokyo drift movie) and get that kid and then hes the new brian. i mean jason statham is supposed to be there for revenge.

TomN

I do not believe they will have him die in 7. He will live on in these movies some how.
The new movie catches up with Tokyo drift. I believe they will have Brian retire to raise his family and will turn the keys to his skyline over to the country kid in Tokyo Drift who will be in the next movie driving a S15.
The series won't die with Paul's death and I'm sure he wouldn't want it to.

He was a great guy and will be remember 50+ years from now.
See you at the finish line Paul.

mitsuturbo

I barely sat through the first F&F movie. I couldn't even watch all of the 2nd one, because it was so awful. I didn't bother even trying with any of the rest.

Sucks for Paul Walker and his family and friends that he died and all, but i won't be missing his acting or movies one bit. Now if only Vin Diesel would retire from (bad) acting, that would make my day.

Wizardawd

You have missed Fast Five. I agree I wasn't a fan of the first 4, but the fifth is really a great movie.

And are you serious about Riddick being a 'bad' actor? Ever watch Chronicles of Riddick? Fantastic movie. Just some of the roles he has gotten have been kinda lame. The Pacifier was a bad role, but entertaining at least.

Wiz

BpuVR4

Quoting mitsuturbo:
I barely sat through the first F&F movie. I couldn't even watch all of the 2nd one, because it was so awful. I didn't bother even trying with any of the rest.

Sucks for Paul Walker and his family and friends that he died and all, but i won't be missing his acting or movies one bit. Now if only Vin Diesel would retire from (bad) acting, that would make my day.

the franchise got much better from the 4th one on...2nd one is really bad in my opinion. For car guys who don't want to watch the series, i just show them this: Brian O'Connor's GTR

oh and to throw more fuel into the fire: blogger hating Paul Walker

Last edited:

prove_it

Fast and Furious will continue on til FF27.

Now overnight parts from Japan on the other hand, died with Paul. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Too soon?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned