The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Nippon pistons

I think I change my current pistons, not because they are breaking, just because they are 9.8.1 compression which is very high for boost. Now I drive a 0.5 bar pressure and want to increase pressure,maby 1 bar..or 1.5 bar ,but the pistons which i use now at high pressure would not withstand.
Just that I watched and asking you about Nippon pistons 7.8.1 or 8.5.1 ..
Will you tell me way 7.8.1 pistons are worse than 8.5.1?

yeti

The 2g pistons are stronger thn 1g pistons the 1g pistons have lower compression for higher boost but once you reach that boost pressure I'd be more worried about hg, head studs and the piston quality them selves.

1g rods are stronger and 2gpistons are stronger so to use the combo is your best bet 8.5:1 Is great for boost

I'll be running 2g npr pistons on 1 g bigrods if I can find them.

89Mirageman

From what I have gathered by the time you factor in the price of modding the 1g rods and buying 2g pistons (even non oem ones) you can buy aftermarket units that fit the 1g rods.

Why 2G pistons whit 8.5.1 compression are much better from 1G pistons 7.8.1 ....??

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned