The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Nice Strut Tower Bar Demo

G

Staff member
Nice, i have a pair of those.

atc250r

Staff member
Great video. Makes me want to put my front one back in again.

John

That's a cool site; interesting testing. I'll forward it to a friend who seems to think that just because cars are made of metal they don't flex (and think his minivan is just as stiff as any sports car /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif ). I was amazed at the difference the front bar made on the Galant; the rear, not so much.

Edit: Can anyone either read Japanese or translate this web page ? The second page links to it when you click on the application menu. I'd like to see what else they make that would fit our chassis's.

Last edited by a moderator:

atc250r

Staff member
It makes sense that the rear does less since the car is a sedan and the rear deck is pretty much its own strut bar. A hatchback benefits more from the rear bar that our cars do.

John

G

Staff member
Quote:
That's a cool site; interesting testing. I'll forward it to a friend who seems to think that just because cars are made of metal they don't flex (and think his minivan is just as stiff as any sports car /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif ). I was amazed at the difference the front bar made on the Galant; the rear, not so much.

Edit: Can anyone either read Japanese or translate this web page ? The second page links to it when you click on the application menu. I'd like to see what else they make that would fit our chassis's.

Upper right hand corner says engrish.

G

Staff member
click

Something here? Hood vents?

G

Staff member

Ralli380Gvr4

^^^how do you go about obtaining one of those?^^^

cOmpressor

Cash money.

381gvr4

Nice. In the plans most definetly. $350 for both were not in the cards and settled for $35 dsm sway bars.

Great vid!

misterfixit

Quoting atc250r:
It makes sense that the rear does less since the car is a sedan and the rear deck is pretty much its own strut bar. A hatchback benefits more from the rear bar that our cars do.

John

The rear geometry is all defined by the rear subframe, as that's where the upper and lower links terminate, the rear towers only react the bump forces coming off the top of the shock, they don't have to "hold" the position to protect the geometry. the front towers provide the upper fulcrum for the steering. and they do have to react all the forces trying to movet the front wheel about thats why the tower bar up front makes a dramatic difference.

Rich

gtluke

so there is like 1mm of deflection with an entire wheel off the ground? these bars are even more pointless than I thought. Strut towers on fwd cars are so close to the firewall that these bars are pointless. our cars are built like tanks in that whole area anyway.

do this same test on an 80's convertible anything and you'll see why these bars have a use, on some cars.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned