The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Nice picture of my car at Napierville Dragway

desant78

^exactly what I was thinking, keep kicking ass and shocking everyone around you with launches like that! You should be proud that your car (vr4 or not) can leave like. I have a USDM bumper that I love and I can't launch like that so congrats!

Alainb7

Yes i,m proud of my full weight 4 door GVR4! (or 2000GTX with an ugly front facia for the purist /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif )
It weight even more than a GVR4 du to AT tranny. But the FP HTA68 kick hard! I run 30 psi daily driven /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

My best kill was an Audi R-8 at a red light.
The guy came beside me and looking at me and ask me to race with him.
I do a brake stall at 30 psi and when green light light-up bang! I left him behind and he never be able to reach me.
His face was priceless in my rear view mirror at the next red light! Yes rear view mirror because he didnt have the gut's to came again beside me to give me a thumbs up.
L O O S E R ! ! !

Gizmovr4

JDM / USDM / custom bumpers - who cares - it's all a preference of the car owner ! At the end of the day it's about performance, at least for some of us ! This car leaves hard - has good quarter mile times - and most important the owner is having fun with it ! What's not to like ?

Continue enjoying the car - bumper looks perfect up in the air like that ! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gifKeep up the good work !

Last edited:

Alainb7

Yes 30 PSI. This is the big advantage of AT, you vave your power at the starting line and all the drivetrain is preload, so it is a big advantage on the reliability.

Last week end with the bad weather, I made 6 run and I made 12.14, 12.21, 12.32, 12.38, 12.44 & 12.54. 60, 1.73 to 1.87.

I have an rear alignment issue that wear-up my tire in less that 3000 miles I I put low treadwear tire. So I put 720 treadweat tire to prevent fast worn-out, but traction is very bad. Up to date my best 60' is 1.68.

I will try a set of Pirelli P zero. I only have 17" wheel to find, a friend of mone give me the tire.
I think I will try to use binder to hold down the front down.

Last edited:

BpuVR4

Quoting AlainB7:
Yes i,m proud of my full weight 4 door GVR4! (or 2000GTX with an ugly front facia for the purist /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif )
It weight even more than a GVR4 du to AT tranny. But the FP HTA68 kick hard! I run 30 psi daily driven /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

My best kill was an Audi R-8 at a red light.
The guy came beside me and looking at me and ask me to race with him.
I do a brake stall at 30 psi and when green light light-up bang! I left him behind and he never be able to reach me.
His face was priceless in my rear view mirror at the next red light! Yes rear view mirror because he didnt have the gut's to came again beside me to give me a thumbs up.
L O O S E R ! ! !

let me say that i did not intend to mean that i found it ugly....just unexpected. been wondering about auto swapped VR4's as of late anyway, so this is a cool thread in my opinion. we need to all stick together!

curtis

Damn that car is leaping off the line. Theres a lot of geometry, center of gravity, instant center etc to be figured but a good set of shocks and springs will put the car into the 11's and tires will quit wearing.

My buddies fwd honda has been a very hard learning curve.... rwd and awd is way easier to figure out but we've shifted weight, put it on scales, adjusted coilovers an inch higher in the back only gave use like a half a pound and down only shifted a 1/2 pound. traction bars, added lead, put the battery in the front fender etc but if you can keep the rear stiff and tires flat should help keep the rears from being eaten up and keep the front from jumping up so high which is making the tires wear away on the inside and creating wheel spin. I personally would go with a set of modified evo's struts, good balance and ride is awesome.

Also have a buddy with a talon and he swears by the John Deere trans fluid for the auto's, says its the best thing out there on the market.

keep up the good work and bust into the 11's by the end of the season or it will haunt you till spring. 11.99 with a 9 is so much better than a 12.01

GSX_TC

12.1 is pretty good though, that hta68 should get you into the 11's no problem. And nice kill on the R8.

theevozero

Quoting curtis:
Also have a buddy with a talon and he swears by the John Deere trans fluid for the auto's, says its the best thing out there on the market.

I also have heard of this. Runt or Michael(from FP) as everyone knows him, also uses John Deere fluid in his auto Talon. Too bad we had to pull his trans out and apart about 7 times to figure out his new high stall torque converter was causing all our problems. Who knows how many trees we killed draining and filling that trans. Several 5 gallon buckets worth.

Alainb7

In ever heard about the John Deer oil.

I use OEM Mitsubishi tranny oil.
I flush the oil each 3000 miles( there is a drain plug on 1g tranny)
Each year I change oil filter.

I never had problem.

Alainb7

New time! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
Still on 700 treadwear tire and stock suspension.

I just reduce boost on 1st gear to 20 PSI below 5000 rpm.

60 Foot 1,665
330 Foot 4,830
1/8 Mile 7,524
1/8 Mile MPH 90,84
1000 Foot 9,863
1/4 Mile 11,851
1/4 Mile MPH 113,25

I made 3 pass and do 11.94, 11.88 & 11.85. My best MPH is 114.2

Im impress of my 1,665 on the 60' with these touring tire and wheele style launch!

With the dunlop Z1 star spec and an evo IX MR suspension I should do a lot better! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

LIV4PSI

Congrats on running 11's!

Gizmovr4

Nice /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned