The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

newbie looking for stock parts gvr4

out of respect, i have looked through a few postings and not found my answer. (although i imagine it's here somewhere)

i am looking for mostly stock parts and was wondering if anyone had any good links.

i have most certainly hit dealer sites already, but figured some here may know a better way...
i won't bother listing mods car already has, just things i need to get her road worthy again:

front and rear struts and springs (stock)
rear tie rod ends w boots (both)
tranny and motor mounts (poly would work)
front cv axles w/ boots and joints (need the right more; but ought to replace both, right?)
an assortment of bushings (mainly needed in rear)... big bushings by k member are wasted
power steering pump belt
power steering lines to rear (doubt i'll find these anywhere)
radiator
tubular headers (1g head, to evo b16g) i like dnp's design

hope i find the help i'm praying for; thanks for your time in advance,
327/2000
p.s. any one good at playing with eprom?

thanks for looking out...

-tunersnations i found to be more of and upgrade site, doesn't seem to fit post pm for 20 year old car, yet a cool site.

-jnztuning was a coogood call, set up just like dealership site (indentical format), BUT slightly cheaper pricing! (very nice)

-as far as eprom is concerned, the car is running quite fat. although i consider myself a fairly bright guy. i am not a tuner and don't feel like blown up my new version of an old love. (1g to gvr4)
... of course i could learn, and on that token have learned some already. there is alot of stuff in forums about eprom and coding

327/2000

Struc

Also try Rockauto.com. They are usually the cheapest around for OEM replacement parts.

Do you have an Advance Auto Parts near you? They currently have an online deal going on. Use code BIG40 for $40 off a $100 purchase. Used it to get a new alternator for my GVR4. Can't beat getting a $101.00 alternator for $61. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

There are other codes too for smaller or larger purchases.
From Slickdeals:

Use Code in Cart And Save
BIG5 - ($5 off $15 or more) 33%
A123 - ($20 off $50 or more) 40%
BIG25 - ($25 off orders over $60) 42%
BIG30 - ($30 off orders over $75) 40%
BIG35 - ($35 off orders over $85) 41%
BIG40 - ($40 off orders over $100) 40%
BIG50 - ($50 off orders over $200) 25%
P20 - (20% off all orders - no minimum) 20%
free shipping on $75 orders or free pick at store if it is in stock

Rock auto for oem replacement, agreed. Post up a WTB thread in the marketing section for your lines and tranny. Might have success there.
^^ Those are great codes /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif Thanks

thanks struc, a good friend also mentioned rockauto. the codes are quite helpful:) will check it out tonight, hope i can find all of the parts i want. having dream sequences about her road worthy again... mmmmmmmmmmmm

Quoting cherrod8:
Awesome disccount codes!

what are you using for tuning?

the car apparently has eprom. this is very new subject matter for me.

ok bad me, triple posting. just checked www.rockauto.com, WOW WAY CHEAPER!!!

thanks again everyone, feeling a bit smitten with this forum currently...

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jawdrop.gif

Struc

Quoting stlgvr4:
thanks struc, a good friend also mentioned rockauto. the codes are quite helpful:) will check it out tonight, hope i can find all of the parts i want. having dream sequences about her road worthy again... mmmmmmmmmmmm

I'll also share another thing I do with everyone. Get the part numbers off Rockauto.com, and then check Amazon.com by searching for that part number. If nothing else, it is a sanity check, but you'd be surprised how many items come up on Amazon, and you can get free shipping there on a lot of items.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned