The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Newbie and New Owner of my 2nd VR4

Just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Wayne, I'm in New England, and I just bought a white '91 VR4. The car's in great shape (southern car = no rust), completely original (bal. shaft elimination kit only), and had only 2 owners, the first being a middle-aged woman who had the dealer do everything! to the car. The second owner just had the car for 2 months to flip it. I intend to keep the car as stock as possible with the exception of some modest suspension upgrades - Whiteline swaybars, KYB AGX struts, upgraded bushings if I can find them. I'd like to open up the intake and exhaust system a bit, but besides that, I won't do much else besides put some decent speakers in the car. 21-year old speakers have a unique sound to say the least!

This is my 2nd VR4 - I bought one new in 1991 (white 1762/2000), always regretted selling that car, and have kept my eye out for another one in good shape.

I'll definitely have some questions about the planned upgrades once I've taken care of the maintenance issues - timing belt, water pump, thermostat, belts, hoses, fluids, plugs and wires are already taken care of. Next up is addressing a seeping radiator and a weak battery.

I've already enjoyed reading hours and hours of posts on this site, and look forward to further discussions.

Thanks

Wayne

thecman02

Hello and welcome. Pictures of the car?

LIV4PSI

Welcome. Its cool both of your cars were white, its the best color /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif

jnava

Staff member
Wayne, welcome to the site, this is the home of most gvr4's and you'll have a great time with our FS section. BTW summit white is the fastest color.

jnava

Staff member
Nice car bro. I'm becoming fond of the stock shifter boot. Great pics and good looking interior . You picked up a nice car. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

BpuVR4

very nice. always wanted a white one.

Welcome that's a clean vr4. And I also have a confession I love these cars in white. Lol

GSX_TC

Very clean and unmodified. Now that's hard to find these days.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned