The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

new to dsms

hey everyone i am new to dsms and i am going to be picking up a gvr4 here pretty soon just wanted to get some input onto how reliable these cars are? car has tasteful mods and the timing belt and tesioner have been redone along with the head. running low boost and has a maft no tune yet. if any one can give me a little input it would be very much appreciated.

raptorWagon

Welcome, but these cars are not DSMs. The GVR4 can be reliable if you keep up on the maintenance, if you don't then you will start running into problems down the road.

My 2g gst has been fairly reliable, and from what I can tell the previous owner took good care of it. Just like any other vehicle, if it has been abused and neglected, it will likely give you problems.

Diego

click

Then go to the way bottom and read Hertz's page.

Now that is said and done.
:clear's throat:

Welcome, glad to have you here and more importantly thank you for picking up/saving another Vr4. They are great cars, always maintenance before mods. Check,recheck and check again. As long as your maintenance is in order your car will drive fine.

We are not DSMs we are MMCs but share the same basic concepts besides 4 doors.

Congrats on the purchase post some pics, submit your VIN to Iceman so he can save it in the registry.

Diego

Brunoboy

he hasnt bought one yet lol ^

Diego

Quoting galantpwr:
i am going to be picking up a gvr4 here pretty soon

Hmm... this is true but still
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Last edited:

Lol thanks guys and i will get some pics up when i get the car. I plan to pick up dsmlink in the near future. Im kinda in v8s but ive always liked gvr4s lol got a good deal on this one so it should be a fun process. And ac will be fixed lol car currently does not have ac but it is a must for me since i live in the southwest

DR1665

Another GVR4 in Phoenix? OMGHI2U.

Is it 1082? If so, you'll have to bring it to In-N-Out* next month. It's had at least three owners since summer 2009 and, in a strange turn of events, one of them actually improved it! Was repainted a dark blue and first showed up on Cragislist around Barrett-Jackson time 2010. Anyway, considering I pretty much resurrected that sucker from the grave, I'd be keen on seeing it again.

Local DSM crowd has been meeting at In-N-Out in Chandler (east of I-10 on the north side of Ray, Lowes parking lot) the second Thursday night of every months for years now. It's still mostly DSMs, but there's always something different there; big block Corvairs, Altezzas (the cars, not the lights), Supras, the occasional rat rod. It's a good time. Next meet should be October 13th if I'm not mistaken. Plenty of time to take delivery and clean 'er up.

boostedinaz

^^^
LOL.

Nice to see another GVR4 in AZ. In and Out is a good time and next month I'll be there in 1101. (allegedly)

Let is know what number it is.

GSX_TC

I got family in Goodyear, that would be cool if I could make it out to one of yalls meet sometime. I go to AZ all the time.

boostedinaz

You drove to OH, AZ is like a trip to the corner store.

GSX_TC

Lol yeah, do alot of VR4's show up to y'all meets over there?

boostedinaz

Depends on the night. Most the time it will only be a few but with more people getting them running there might be more.

If myself, Brian, and Mike show up there will be at least 3. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Launch

These cars(VR4), and there cheaper, American assembled, Chrysler body'd cousin(DSM) are plenty reliable when taken care of like any 20 year old sports car. And being 2 decades of service, it has alot of resources and info to be had online. Just search
click
click
click

GSX_TC

Quoting boostedinaz:
Depends on the night. Most the time it will only be a few but with more people getting them running there might be more.

If myself, Brian, and Mike show up there will be at least 3. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Mike as in me?

boostedinaz

No another Mike. He ummmm isn't on the board anymore. He does have a very nice car though.

Quoting DR1665:
Another GVR4 in Phoenix? OMGHI2U.

Is it 1082? If so, you'll have to bring it to In-N-Out* next month. It's had at least three owners since summer 2009 and, in a strange turn of events, one of them actually improved it! Was repainted a dark blue and first showed up on Cragislist around Barrett-Jackson time 2010. Anyway, considering I pretty much resurrected that sucker from the grave, I'd be keen on seeing it again.

what happened to the car? anything serious?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned