The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

New member from Vermont

fastfalcon94

Hi,

New member here. I have a deposit on #1250 right now. I am picking it up this weekend:) It wont be my first and only vr4 but it will be my first galant;) I cant wait. It needs the head replaced because the timing belt broke but that shouldnt be that bad. I plan on fixing it, then making it my DD. It has a ton of mods already and dsmlink. My goal is a 11 second grocery getter. Anyone else from vermot?

Welcome to the org. Sounds like a fun goal. Good thing about rebuilding a head, it's an excuse to go ahead and upgrade it. You say not your first Vr4, but first galant? So you have a 3kgt vr4? Post up some pics when you get a chance. GL on your gvr4 adventure, it'll keep you busy.

DR1665

Ah, Vermont. Something about that state just appeals to me. I hear everything is ridiculously expensive and there are - zero - jobs up there, but still. I wanna visit.

And welcome to the org.

fastfalcon94

Hopefully these pics work. This is my black 94 vr4. I drove it home from San Diego in 2008. It was completely stock.

track4.jpg

Here is a shot of my green one. I drove it to SC to pick up a sti drivetrain. I put everything in the back of it, was riding real low.

168173_514093261077_25600594_30334763_3149821_n.jpg

it use to look like this before I restored it and painted it.

1.JPG

This is the galant I am buying. Here is the for sale add from the previous owner. It now has a 20g turbo in it, fmic, magnus intake manifold, cams, and a new act clutch. I guess the guy's friend bought it from him because he needed money. The guy drove it for a few months and the timing belt broke..

click

click

bluzvr4

welcome nice looking vr4s /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif it would seem as if we had something in common

Welcome. You finally are getting the right VR-4 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Don't forget some great skiing too lol stratton ftw...

Quoting DR1665:
Ah, Vermont. Something about that state just appeals to me. I hear everything is ridiculously expensive and there are - zero - jobs up there, but still. I wanna visit.

And welcome to the org.

RedTwo

Quoting DR1665:
Ah, Vermont. Something about that state just appeals to me. I hear everything is ridiculously expensive and there are - zero - jobs up there, but still.

And welcome to the org.

And Chernoboly energy drink?

Last edited:

DR1665

vermont style bacon. candied bacon. it's like dog treats for humans.

NYC86ZC

And Jay Peak. I've stayed at my friend's place in Brownington a few times and went to Jay.

Congrats on the purchase. It looks like it'll be in good hands.

Quoting Blown1:
Don't forget some great skiing too lol stratton ftw...

Quoting DR1665:

And welcome to the org.

Last edited:

fastfalcon94

I bought the car. I'm not sure who worked on it previously, but they definitely didn't know what they were doing:p The ARP head studs were all finger tight, the head gasket had been replaced with a 3 layer metal one. They left a lot of the old composit gasket on there too. The pin for the hydraulic tensioner was still in it! Looks like the cause for the jumped timing though was stripped teath. The balance shaft belt got old, broke and got caught around the crank gear. I've got everything torn off and I'm waiting on my extreme psi order. Should be running this weekend. I'm going to clean everything up and I'll take some pics:)

Mod list:
560cc evo injectors (going to list for sale soon, I want FIC 850s/9502)
air research 20g turbo
3" exhaust
6 puck act clutch/2900 pressure plate
fidenza light weight flywheel
dsm link v2.5
aem wideband
boost gauge
magnus intake manifold (will sell for $300)
FP2 cams
adjustable cam gears (going to list for sale soon)
strut bars
battery in the trunk
some external wastgate, probably ebay brand:/
1g shifter assembly
egr blockoff plates
deleted turbo/oil cooler water lines, nonturbo water pipe
balance shaft delete
clear timing belt cover (going to list for sale soon)

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned