The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

New parts for grandpa2 1611

GSTwithPSI

Quoting 89Patches :
255 is just a lift pump, it supplies volume not pressure. He could even run a stock pump and be fine.

I get that, but the 255 still needs to supply enough volume to feed dual 044s at a given pressure, otherwise the surge tank gets sucked dry. I didn't crunch the numbers, but it seems like a 255 wouldn't move enough fuel to feed two 044s. I certainly don't think a stock pump would not get the job done. Don't dual 044s require quite a bit more than a single 255 could move even at 0 psi? Based on some of feedback I've heard about the Walbro 450, it seems like it would be adequate, though. I know Donnie said his IDCs were pretty manageable even at like 40psi of boost @ base fuel pressure.

If it works, it works. I was just curious if FCR had any issues, or what his impressions of the system were performance wise. I just went through a bunch of fuel upgrades myself, so I'm curious about what's working for other people.

The surge tank is awesome, BTW. I really like the design and overall construction. It's definitely a good way to implement a high hp fuel system without going to a fuel cell.

biglady112

Not everyone needs 14 fuel pumps to feed their 16g.

A local Fed his surge tank for his mechanical fuel pump with a factory supra fuel pump. 800hp true full weight street car. Ran 145mph@ 3500lbs.

89Patches

You have atleast 2L reserve of fuel, It would take a lot of horsepower to drain it dry where the lift pump couldn't keep up, as well feed pumps to the engine would have to gave 0 return to the surge tank.

GSTwithPSI

^Yeah, I see what you're saying. I didn't see a separate return line under the car, though.

FCR, how did you plumb the return back to the surge tank? I see a hose/port for it on the surge tank, but only see the feed line routed in your undercarriage pics.

FCR

Right now I have a 6an line from the fuel rail for the return line and that feeds the surge tank too and then the over flow goes back to the main tank so basically whatever is not use in the motor from the 044's feeds the surge tank too plus the walbro

Basically this is the set up that I have in the car rigth now and another view of the surge tank... from left to rigth I have the feeding line from the walbro in the middle the overflow going back to the main tank and the 1 in the rigth is the return line from the fuel rail so as you can see you have the 255 and the return line feeding the surge tank all the time ..

Last edited:

FCR

Drain port...

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned