The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

New owner of 1861/2000

Hello fellow gvr4 owners! I recently bought my 91 galant vr4 with a snapped timing belt for 1,400. With the car I got another 1g head, 1g gsx trans and some other odd parts. After doing some searching I found this car was already registered on the form and came from Coneticut. I'm excited to get to work on it and get another one back on the road!

EHmotorsports

Welcome! I have 1865 so a distant relative:)

Some updates on the car. Old head off every valve was bent to some degree new head and all the parts are on and It is alive once again. I can wait to start driving it. Now for left rear caliper (because it is locked up) and 02 for my wideband (stuck at 14.7 at all times)? Pics to come once I have better signal.

T3mp0r

Grats on the find. Good luck working on it and getting it back on the road. Sidenote, I'm originally from Manchester NH. /highfive

rebelboost

welcome! Another 18**/2000 newbie, i dont feel so alone now. Is this your 1st galant/dsm?

Thanks, NH ftw! This is my first gvr4 but I'm not new to the 4g63. I've had 3 2gb gsx two ended up being parts cars and one is getting ready for 500+hp with my new hx40 set up. Once my eclipse is done and the galant is to my liking my next project will be a starion with a 4g63 swap. But with everything it takes time and money.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned